Changes at Sphere Research for 2014

Changes at Sphere Research Corp.

In 2014, Walter & Susan will both be 65, and this will trigger some changes at Sphere.  Sphere has been supplying Tek, HP and Fluke equipment, repair info and service parts on the net for almost 20 years. We have been slowly phasing out the larger and bulkier equipment, and items like CRTs recently simply because of storage problems, we are completely out of space, and paying way too much for what we have.

In 2014, we will sell, give away or scrap ALL the remaining equipment, and offer only parts and some plug-ins after that time. We have to clear almost 2,000 square feet of rented space (about 5-6 tons), and that's the task for 2014.  We are always happy to see visitors, and in spring, once the snow clears, our customers are welcome to come up and sort through many shelves of un-listed gear we will clear out. All will be very cheap, some will be free. You'll have to see for yourself. We also have hundreds of prime, original service manuals; they also need to go to make space, as we no longer do outside service. They will be dirt cheap. We can ship them, but they are heavy, so best to grab them in person.

We also have millions of components, both through hole and smd, from our design activities, and they need to go as well. We are donating large amount of inventory to schools, colleges and universities, so if you know of anybody that needs parts for their electronics programs, let us know. Sphere will close completely in the fall of 2019, or possibly before, if circumstances change, but that will be the latest. Domains, content and inventory will all be sold or gone by that point. Consider this an early warning alert.

In 2014, our direct phone support will be from >>8:30AM to 11:30am, PST<<, Monday through Friday. It is possible we will be able to provide coverage beyond that, but it's best to plan for morning calls, or live with voice mail. Needless to say, our e-mail is 24/7/365, and is really ideal for most things. Every week or so, we will post a batch of particularly useful Tek, hp and Fluke items to the various lists first, then ebay or our site, and if not gone quickly, we will break them up for parts or scrap them. Once these batches go, that will be it, the material will be gone. Please watch for them to avoid disappointment!

We love what we do, and our customers, but the cost so keeping so much material endlessly available is simply prohibitive, and we have to make the footprint a lot smaller. You can find us at: http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/index.html

All the best,
Walter & Susan

magnustoelle

Good Day, Walter,

a personal word of thanks for taking your time for this upfront information. It is much appreciated.

Please allow me one suggestion: When you get to the clearance sale, please continue with considering international shipment for your international customers.
I am based nearby Munich, Germany, and while I would love to travel to Canada at one time, I simply cannot "swing-by" and shop at your place easily...

I am painfully aware that international shipment means more paperwork for you, and it seems only reasonable that this extra effort must be compensated for.

I have read over http://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/faq.html and I am aware that you are doing international shipment already, but my point is: Please keep it up. Pretty, please.

Thank you and good selling.

Cheers,

Magnus

Richard Loken <richardlo@...>

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014, Toelle, Magnus wrote:

Please allow me one suggestion: When you get to the clearance sale,
please continue with considering international shipment for your
international customers.
I am based nearby Munich, Germany, and while I would love to travel to
Canada at one time, I simply cannot "swing-by" and shop at your place
easily...
Well Magnus, if the truth be told, Sphere is in Kelowna which is a small
city of 200,000 in the interior of British Columbia and is not accessible to
very many people at all. British Columbia covers an area of almost 950,000
square Km while France covers an area of 650,000 square Km (it is really
big!). Lots of us cannot just swing by so advertising and shipping would be
welcome even next door here in Alberta.

I do not have a driver's license and Canada is country devoted to the
automobile so for me to get there is only marginally easier than it is for
you.

--
Richard Loken VE6BSV, Unix System Administrator : "Anybody can be a father
Athabasca University : but you have to earn