From: TekScopes@... [mailto:TekScopes@...] On Behalf Of markaren10@...
Sent: 08 January 2014 16:06
To: TekScopes@...
Subject: [TekScopes] Tek 7000 extender card

Hello everyone,

I have a couple of 7k plug-ins requiring repair and need an extender to do so.

The original Tek units seem to sell for way more than the plugins, so I am wondering if a simple design exists (copper only, no coax) that I could copy.

Google has been less than helpful.

Any help appreciated

-Mark

Mark Wendt <mark.wendt@...>

On 01/08/2014 12:16 PM, Craig Sawyers wrote:

http://ko4bb.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=test_equipment:extender_for_tek_7000_series

For a flexible design courtesy of moi

Craig

Craig,

All the links at www.tech-enterprise.com seem to be dead.

Mark

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

All the links at www.tech-enterprise.com seem to be dead.

Mark
Aha. Since the data that ko4bb put that up, my ex-isp had a server crash
and lost my entire site and content. I clearly have not put those files
back on now I am with a sensible ISP.

I've therefore just shoved all the files into a new folder in the Files
section of Tekscopes Yahoo called "Flexible Extender - homebrew". Should be
all self-explanatory. The necessary boards are in umpteen formats, take
your pick.

I did all this about a decade ago, so seriously don't ask me any questions
about this!

Craig

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Someone recently mentioned they were getting used to Yahoo NEO and were starting to like it.
Well, I've just spent a long time trying to see my groups (this group in particular) and while my group link signs me in I can't find any of my groups. I still hate NEO!!!

Don Black.

On 01/08/2014 01:11 PM, Craig Sawyers wrote:
All the links at www.tech-enterprise.com seem to be dead.

Mark
Aha. Since the data that ko4bb put that up, my ex-isp had a server crash
and lost my entire site and content. I clearly have not put those files
back on now I am with a sensible ISP.

I've therefore just shoved all the files into a new folder in the Files
section of Tekscopes Yahoo called "Flexible Extender - homebrew". Should be
all self-explanatory. The necessary boards are in umpteen formats, take
your pick.

I did all this about a decade ago, so seriously don't ask me any questions
about this!

Craig
Most excellent!

No worries. I have difficulties remembering what I had for breakfast this morning. ;-)

Mark

Leo Potjewijd

There is always (at least) one of those idiots, this time it's me... I feel guilty already.

But: the plastic back panel of the plugin looks printed, is it?

If so, can the file be shared?

Thanks for your time, and the other info.

Leo

John Griessen

On 01/09/2014 10:27 AM, pe1rhx@leonardo.demon.nl wrote:
But: the plastic back panel of the plugin looks printed, is it?

If so, can the file be shared?
My extender cards open design is based on Craig's document.
It has some minor wording or emphasis changes.
See:

http://ecosensory.com/tek/TEK_7K_FLEX-production-board.jpg

Hmmm.... that's just one side though. I'll scan and put up
each side nest to the other so you can get an idea of the wire names
printed on my extender cards.

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory Austin TX