Sign the Petition to get the old groups back.

This is so bad I cannot even contribute anymore using this lousy NEO web interface.
For some reason, I can create a subject, but cannot add any content, so I had to email this in.
If this does not get any better, I'll probably unsubscribe... What's the use?

Anyway, this showed up on manual exchange so I figured I'd post info for this petition here.
"Yahoo! Groups: I want the old Yahoo Groups back!"

http://www.change.org/petitions/yahoo-groups-i-want-the-old-yahoo-groups-back?share_id=LXrsiDuGzv&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Jay

Knut <knut@...>

I think wanting the old Yahoo Groups back is a futile exercise.

So far, the groups that left because of Neo accounted for just under a million group members.
That is still less than 1% of the total number of Yahoo Group users.

Groups that are REALLY unhappy with Yahoo Groups have already moved like one of the other Yahoo Groups I'm a member of.
Others like this one will probably move unless Neo somehow magically gets fixed.
And the majority of the groups will just continue with Yahoo as best they can.

I can just dee the spin by Yahoo - 99% of our Yahoo customers are happy with the new format.

Knut

---------------

On 2013-09-26, at 6:12 AM, Jay Walling wrote:

Anyway, this showed up on manual exchange so I figured I'd post info for this petition here.
"Yahoo! Groups: I want the old Yahoo Groups back!"

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Yahoo is playing with fire. It's not just Yahoo groups, it's their corporate reputation that will stink. When I first started using the Internet it was just evolving from text to graphic sites and Yahoo was the new search engine that was the wonder of the age. Since hen there are a host of other search engines available, Google has become the giant to the point where it's now part of the language -  Google to find .....
Yahoo lost the lead and has tried to diversify but it needs all the credence and good will it can get. Maybe only 1% of its group have actually left but most members who regularly use it are not just annoyed but furious. There have been many of the biggest companies who have tried forcing something new and unwanted on the public and have soon had the sense to reverse the decision to preserve their market. The longer Yahoo holds out the more damage it will do. Businesses associated with them will soon get the jitters if their reputations, customers and sales fall away. I haven't noticed it hitting the mass media here yet but if they continue it will happen. I don't have any shares in Yahoo but I'd be worried if I did.

Don Black.

On 2013-09-26, at 6:12 AM, Jay Walling wrote:

Anyway, this showed up on manual exchange so I figured I'd post info for this petition here.
"Yahoo! Groups: I want the old Yahoo Groups back!"

iglesia_cristiana_arpas_eternas

 Hi Jay..I agree..the sign was done!!

Regards Gabriel.

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

There have been many of the biggest companies who have tried forcing
something new and unwanted on the public and have soon had the sense to
reverse the decision to preserve their market.
==============================

Remember when Coca Cola fiddled with the formula to make it sweeter to
compete with Pepsi? After a furious reaction, sales plummeting, and share
price falling they reversed the decision and brought back their original
formula. Came close to killing the company.

Craig

I would hazard a guess that the DRAMATIC drop in followers immediately after a move to a different method would be significantly impacted by the number of ACTUAL regular users that participated before the move. I submit that the VAST majority of our "membership" are nothing more than casual users of TEK gear and only need to try and fix one bad unit at the time they become a member. They, like most, fix their gear with the help of this fabulous resource and move on to their next project. Never to return again!

As most of you that are regulars know, I am in FULL support of moving to a private solution. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Cheers,

David

Miroslav Pokorni

The sad news is that guy who came up with bright idea of 'new coke' was rehired few months after blow up, when dust settled. Was he brother in law of Coke's president?

Miroslav Pokorni

On 9/26/2013 12:17 PM, Craig Sawyers wrote:

There have been many of the biggest companies who have tried forcing
something new and unwanted on the public and have soon had the sense to
reverse the decision to preserve their market.
==============================

Remember when Coca Cola fiddled with the formula to make it sweeter to
compete with Pepsi? After a furious reaction, sales plummeting, and share
price falling they reversed the decision and brought back their original
formula. Came close to killing the company.

Craig

ditter2

I question if a petition would influence Yahoo!  Look on the Feedback section and you see over 50,000 messages complaining about Neo.  (BTW, asking for name, address AND e-mail for a petition is not a great idea.  Many of us (myself included) would not want to enter this info as it is prime for spammers.)

Clearly someone at a high level (VP) should lose their job over this.  Many software vendors introduce “improved” versions that break a few things that worked fine in the old version, but I have never seen a case where this many things were broken.  Neo is so bad it essentially ruins the experience.

Something I thought about that might get their attention is to post on the Yahoo finance page under their ticker symbol.  Most serious investors know that this forum is very opinionated, often without basis.  But a few messages that suggested users are leaving Yahoo! in droves because of the screw-ups in both the e-mail and the groups may get some attention.  Start you message with the heading “recommend – strong sell”

- Steve

On 9/26/2013 12:17 PM, Craig Sawyers wrote:

There have been many of the biggest companies who have tried forcing
something new and unwanted on the public and have soon had the sense to
reverse the decision to preserve their market.
==============================

Remember when Coca Cola fiddled with the formula to make it sweeter to
compete with Pepsi? After a furious reaction, sales plummeting, and share
price falling they reversed the decision and brought back their original
formula. Came close to killing the company.

Craig

Andy

I've figured out how to use the new format, but I have to say that it's much harder to use.  I used to brows the new posts a few times a day, but now I only bother a couple of times a week.  It just feels so cumbersome.  It takes several clicks just to expand a thread so that you can see all the posts.

Andy

---In TekScopes@..., <tekscopes@...> wrote:

[...]

lamontcranston17

 I saw this on a welding group. I have no knowledge about it's use. The poster

is a regular and I don't doubt him.

                                          Mikek

"It worked for me.. your mileage may very

From the Gorton mill newsgroup:

"Hi folks.
This new Yahoo group style was just inflicted on us. Nobody had a
choice. It's just awful and there are thousands and thousands of
complaints about it at a Yahoo feedback forum. But it appears to all
be ignored - surprise. If they had tested it in the least little bit,
that would show they were paying attention in the first place and it
never would have happened. Big fiasco.

So anyway, somebody wrote a Firefox extension that will revert your
yahoo groups back to pre-neo look feel and operation. So far it looks
like it works just fine for me. I don't know what kind of kung-fu it
is, but color me amazed. Here's a link to it in case you want to check
it out:

http://ehibbert.org.uk/extension/install.html

For me, in Firefox anyway, it takes the group back to our original
layout, which having spent time laying it out in the first place and
then having Yahoo wipe it all away, is nice to see again. I hope
something is released to do this in Chrome since that is my preferred
browser, but at least this is a much better way to look at our group
and I'm glad it's there.

I will try to download all our pictures so we can have our own
archive. It would be a shame to lose our manuals and machine pictures.
I don't know if anybody noticed but Yahoo decided they didn't want us
to have free access to the pictures we have uploaded either with their
neo crap. It's a slideshow viewer thing which doesn't allow for saving
to our own local drive. ANd as far as I could see, all our uploaded
manuals and other files disappeared !!! That is major suckage.

So anyway, just wanted to let you know about the Firefox extension and
link. I hate neo and the extension works for me.

Vince"