Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:07 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] How on earth do you OPEN a Tek 222PS portable?

I am trying to fix one of these yellow marvels, but even after removing all the case screws I can find, it won't come apart. very frustrating. I am also searching for a battery and probes for this, if I can ever get it working.

all advice and help appreciated,
walter  (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research

John Gord

Walter,

It's pretty complicated (13 steps).  Get the service manual (free) at ko4bb.com.

--John Gord

--- In TekScopes@..., <tekscopes@...> wrote:

I am trying to fix one of these yellow marvels, but even after removing all the case screws I can find, it won't come apart. very frustrating. I am also searching for a battery and probes for this, if I can ever get it working.

all advice and help appreciated,
walter  (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research

Don Black <donald_black@...>

Hello Walter,
                        I don't have one of these but found the maintenance manual on TekWiki and had a look at it. Page 6-9 has full details on removing the case. Since it's a full page, better you look at the manual than me describing it.

Hope this helps, Don Black.

On 15-Sep-13 8:07 AM, walter2@... wrote:

I am trying to fix one of these yellow marvels, but even after removing all the case screws I can find, it won't come apart. very frustrating. I am also searching for a battery and probes for this, if I can ever get it working.

all advice and help appreciated,
walter  (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

If you can find a battery replacement, please let the group know! The 4V gel-cel batteries are long obsolete, and to my, and others, knowledge, there is no suitable replacement. The only close 8V battery is just a little too large even with modifying the case. The probes are also very difficult to locate.