7L5 Attenuator, Knob Glue

danadak

The attenuator control only gives two sensitivity settings now, unlike before when it offered many sensitivities in step db.

Anyone have a similar experience ?

Anyone know of a glue that will fuse cracked knobs, in this case the step attenuator knob is cracked ?

Regards Dana,

Herbert

Try a good epoxy, but glue also to the aluminium core !

Degrease / clean the hand touched surfaces which have to be glued with alcohol.

Herbert

Am 15.02.2013 21:03, schrieb danadak:

The attenuator control only gives two sensitivity settings now, unlike before when it offered many sensitivities in step db.

Anyone have a similar experience ?

Anyone know of a glue that will fuse cracked knobs, in this case the step attenuator knob is cracked ?

Regards Dana,

fiftythreebuick <ae5i@...>

I've had good luck bonding cracks in knobs (and actually reassembling shattered knobs) with cyanoacrylate type glue. Just be sure to get it positioned correctly pretty quickly because the handling time is extremely short.

Hope it works well!

Tom AE5I

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, "danadak" <danaaknight@...> wrote:

The attenuator control only gives two sensitivity settings now, unlike before when it offered many sensitivities in step db.

Anyone have a similar experience ?

Anyone know of a glue that will fuse cracked knobs, in this case the step attenuator knob is cracked ?

Regards Dana,

Herbert

That is, why I use a 5-minute-epoxy !

You have more time and it is more elastic !

Herbert