Tek Clones? -EMG etc

art0matic

Thank-you for information on these European instruments!  EMG, along with many other manufacturers, are basically unknown in USA.  Similarly, I suspect there's a long list of US companies that are seldom encountered elsewhere.  Tek, HP/Agilent, and Fluke are probably world-known, but I doubt that Keithly, Lavoie, Dumont, Hickok, Fairchild, Alfred, or Boonton are.

What bugs me is that this story is 50+ years old.  Electronic manufacturing in USA is a diminishing portion of the economy.  And I'm probably brain damaged from using lead-bearing solder!

Art