Topics

WTB Tek RM-503 or ?

diane

Hi!!!

I am looking for a Tek RM-503 or other rack mounted audio scope...

In working, (or close to) complete condition... I need something with X-Y input, high/low sensitivity tube input for HV and low level testing of audio signals and HV power supplies, and rack mounted to fit into small space... OK, or better cosmetics are fine...

Any orphans out there that need a good home? Anything taking up too much space? I need to put one to work soon... What'ya got?

I will gladly pay all costs, and make it easy as possible...

Please contact me off forum...

Thanks for your consideration!!!!

Happy Spring!!!

Steve K LA,CA

Robert Simpson

Steve,
Here's a possibility.
I have a complete RM564 with 3A6 and 3B3 in unknown condition. I got it free 2 years ago except for the cost of gas (I gave my son $15 to drive me). I got it from Doug Hale when I visiting not too far from where he lives. Right now it's another project among many, so you can have it for my cost plus shipping (It's heavy) if you are interested, contact me offline at:
Go_boating_fast@...

I live near Sacramento, CA,

Bob

--- In TekScopes@..., "diane" <kafsaki@...> wrote:

Hi!!!

I am looking for a Tek RM-503 or other rack mounted audio scope...

In working, (or close to) complete condition... I need something with X-Y input, high/low sensitivity tube input for HV and low level testing of audio signals and HV power supplies, and rack mounted to fit into small space... OK, or better cosmetics are fine...

Any orphans out there that need a good home? Anything taking up too much space? I need to put one to work soon... What'ya got?

I will gladly pay all costs, and make it easy as possible...

Please contact me off forum...

Thanks for your consideration!!!!

Happy Spring!!!

Steve K LA,CA

mattko87

Hello

He searchs tube-base scope with XY-support.

My proposal:
536 with W or D-Plugin, but only in benchtop
561 with 2x hi-gain Amlifier-Plugin, rack-561 = R561.

best regard from germany
Matt

--- In TekScopes@..., "Robert" <go_boating_fast@...> wrote:

[...]

ditter2

--- In TekScopes@..., "Robert" <go_boating_fast@...> wrote:

Steve,
Here's a possibility.
I have a complete RM564 with 3A6 and 3B3 in unknown condition. I got it free 2 years ago except for the cost of gas (I gave my son $15 to drive me). I got it from Doug Hale when I visiting not too far from where he lives. Right now it's another project among many, so you can have it for my cost plus shipping (It's heavy) if you are interested, contact me offline at:
Go_boating_fast@...

I live near Sacramento, CA,

Bob
The 3A6 is the standard 2 channel 10 MHz amp for the 560 series, but it not very useful for audio work. It is single ended and only offers 10mV/div sensitivity. The 3A3 is a beter choice, and closer to the 503 performace. It has 100 uV/div sensitivity with 500 kHz BW, and up to 50,000:1 CMRR. If you added this plug-in to the 3A6, you would have a decent scope that could cover both audio and general measuremnets up to the 10 MHz BW limit supported by 560 series.

I believe the bistabe storage tubes have a two layer phosphor (not totally sure on that), but I do know that the spot size on the 564 is not as small as the 503 with its standard P2 phosphor.

- Steve

diane

Hi!!!

Thanks for ALL the input, everyone!!!

Someone wants to hire me for so-so money to go totally go through a
large recording console and tube tape recorders located in a very small room in a home... Hardly enough room even to open a tool case, but I noticed some open space in a equipment rack... For a scope?
Testing everything from microphones, to tube power supplies...

Let's see what turns up... Input always welcome!!!

TekScopes and the people here are the GREATEST!!!!!

Keep 'em flying!!!!

Steve K