What to do with legacy scopes etc

bobworsley92 <bobworsley92@...>

Hello group, been following the complaints about old scopes etc being disintegrated for their valves. Whilst I fully agree, on the other hand what do you do with them?

I have just re-inherited all the old test equipment I gave to my dad, he has recently died. I just don't have room for it, I could use it but it is not exactly portable like a 466 or similar. I also have a pile of 560 scope stuff of my own, and that now never gets used.

I did try selling some items on e(xpensive)bay but mostly no interest at all. On the second attept I sold the General Radio 1932A distortion analyser in almost new condition.

I was interested in the link to audiotubes web site, and the prices the valves get. As far as I can see that is the only way to get a reasonable sum for the scopes. At least part of them lives on.

Similarly the Sphere web site gives an idea on the prices for newer spares, prehaps all these 7704s I have are also for the chop.

Any suggestions other than giving it away? scrap prices are better than that.

Bob

Jerry Massengale <jmassen418@...>

Bob,

You have come to the right place. This group of crazies will buy any damn thing. Must be from Louisiana. I suggest you generate a list of what you have and ask the group for offers for the value plus shipping. I would be very interested in Tektronix SC50X scopes as parts units and working units. Please feel free to contact me off list. And give your location. I need SC50x parts.

Jerry

--- On Mon, 12/21/09, bobworsley92 wrote:

Subject: [TekScopes] What to do with legacy scopes etc
To: TekScopes@...
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:56 AM

Hello group, been following the complaints about old scopes etc being disintegrated for their valves. Whilst I fully agree, on the other hand what do you do with them?

I have just re-inherited all the old test equipment I gave to my dad, he has recently died. I just don't have room for it, I could use it but it is not exactly portable like a 466 or similar. I also have a pile of 560 scope stuff of my own, and that now never gets used.

I did try selling some items on e(xpensive)bay but mostly no interest at all. On the second attept I sold the General Radio 1932A distortion analyser in almost new condition.

I was interested in the link to audiotubes web site, and the prices the valves get. As far as I can see that is the only way to get a reasonable sum for the scopes. At least part of them lives on.

Similarly the Sphere web site gives an idea on the prices for newer spares, prehaps all these 7704s I have are also for the chop.

Bob

jvanderwall1941

You have indeed come to the right place. I, for example, would like to hear more of the 7704s! Any sampling plug-ins? SMA cables? Tell us more.

Regards,

Jonathan

--- In TekScopes@..., Jerry Massengale <jmassen418@...> wrote:

Bob,

You have come to the right place. This group of crazies will buy any damn thing. Must be from Louisiana. I suggest you generate a list of what you have and ask the group for offers for the value plus shipping. I would be very interested in Tektronix SC50X scopes as parts units and working units. Please feel free to contact me off list. And give your location. I need SC50x parts.

Jerry

--- On Mon, 12/21/09, bobworsley92 <bobworsley92@...> wrote:

Subject: [TekScopes] What to do with legacy scopes etc
Date: Monday, December 21, 2009, 11:56 AM

Bob

--- In TekScopes@..., "bobworsley92" <bobworsley92@...> wrote:

Bob

Hello group, thanks for the replies. Firt thing, I am in the UK which limits posting stuff around.

At the moment I am looking at a 547, 585A (sure it is an A, can't see the front at the moment) and a 545A (I think, again). To come is a Solartron CD1212, Cossor 339 and anything else that comes out from under the bench, behind the bed, everywhere!

All of it did work, but Dad not used it really for a few years, was 97 when he died so a possible excuse there. I know the Solartron is missing its output valves, E55Ls, used in the Tek 560 amps which I have. There is also a 1S1 and 1L10, both were working but not used for years.

I also have a CRT (154-0448-00) and 11B2A (x2) and 10A2A for a 647. A 5T11A from a 661 and a HP 186A switching time tester, I am still waiting to get a 185A scope for it after 20 years.

The 7000 scopes and plug ins are items collected from government sales. I used to have a thriving electronics design business, legislated out of existance, then started selling on expensivebay. That is rubbish now, so have lots of stock. All needs testing, most never powered up, selling untested stuff is pointless, even if it is just the CRT or the custom chips. I have several 7704As, several R7704s and several storage types like 7313, 7813 and 7623 etc. Also 100 or so plug ins, mostly 7A18, 7B80, 7A26 type of thing, also some 7S11 and 7T11A sampling and one 7CT1N.

I am trying to sort my web site out to list all this, but not my favourite job.

Bob

Tim Phillips <tim@...>

from Tim P (UK)
Hi, I am in London;
I would have the 1S1 and 1L10 off you if you want rid of them.
How much would you want ?
kindest regards
Tim P

Brian

Hi Bob , I am in south London . I have a 564 storage scope and could be interested in plug-ins . I also have a 661 sampling scope (5T11A) as well as an interest in such things as 7S11 - 7T11(A) as I have 4 x 7844 ,2 X 7104 , 7854 and a 7834 . I am also interested in parts items at the right price .
regards
Brian .

Bob

Dave <dave@...>

Hi..

Also in the UK (North Bucks)

I'd be interested in the 7CT1N, if you've not already found a home for it.

Dave B.

Hello group, thanks for the replies. Firt thing, I am in the UK which limits posting stuff around.

At the moment I am looking at a 547, 585A (sure it is an A, can't see the front at the moment) and a 545A (I think, again). To come is a Solartron CD1212, Cossor 339 and anything else that comes out from under the bench, behind the bed, everywhere!

All of it did work, but Dad not used it really for a few years, was 97 when he died so a possible excuse there. I know the Solartron is missing its output valves, E55Ls, used in the Tek 560 amps which I have. There is also a 1S1 and 1L10, both were working but not used for years.

I also have a CRT (154-0448-00) and 11B2A (x2) and 10A2A for a 647. A 5T11A from a 661 and a HP 186A switching time tester, I am still waiting to get a 185A scope for it after 20 years.

The 7000 scopes and plug ins are items collected from government sales. I used to have a thriving electronics design business, legislated out of existance, then started selling on expensivebay. That is rubbish now, so have lots of stock. All needs testing, most never powered up, selling untested stuff is pointless, even if it is just the CRT or the custom chips. I have several 7704As, several R7704s and several storage types like 7313, 7813 and 7623 etc. Also 100 or so plug ins, mostly 7A18, 7B80, 7A26 type of thing, also some 7S11 and 7T11A sampling and one 7CT1N.

Bob

Brian Clarke <brianclarke01@...>

Hello Bob,
Among your 100 or so plug-ins, have you a 7A13 and a 7A19?
Cheers,
Brian.

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, "bobworsley92" ...> wrote:

Bob

Pete

Hi,im in cardiff and would be very interested in 1 or maybe 2 R7704'S and maybe some plugins

Please email me the price you are looking for.

Many thanks..Pete

--- In TekScopes@yahoogrou ps.com, "bobworsley92" wrote:
>
>
> Hello group, thanks for the replies. Firt thing, I am in the UK which limits posting stuff around.
>
> At the moment I am looking at a 547, 585A (sure it is an A, can't see the front at the moment) and a 545A (I think, again). To come is a Solartron CD1212, Cossor 339 and anything else that comes out from under the bench, behind the bed, everywhere!
>
> All of it did work, but Dad not used it really for a few years, was 97 when he died so a possible excuse there. I know the Solartron is missing its output valves, E55Ls, used in the Tek 560 amps which I have. There is also a 1S1 and 1L10, both were working but not used for years.
>
> I also have a CRT (154-0448-00) and 11B2A (x2) and 10A2A for a 647. A 5T11A from a 661 and a HP 186A switching time tester, I am still waiting to get a 185A scope for it after 20 years.
>
> The 7000 scopes and plug ins are items collected from government sales. I used to have a thriving electronics design business, legislated out of existance, then started selling on expensivebay. That is rubbish now, so have lots of stock. All needs testing, most never powered up, selling untested stuff is pointless, even if it is just the CRT or the custom chips. I have several 7704As, several R7704s and several storage types like 7313, 7813 and 7623 etc. Also 100 or so plug ins, mostly 7A18, 7B80, 7A26 type of thing, also some 7S11 and 7T11A sampling and one 7CT1N.
>
> I am trying to sort my web site out to list all this, but not my favourite job.
>
> Bob
>

Bob
Hello group

I have sent private messages to all those who asked specific questions, so if it hasn't arived then please contact me.

Plug ins I have are listed here, one of some types, dozen or so of others.

7A13, 7A15, 7A16, 7A16A, 7A18, 7A18A, 7A19, 7A22, 7A26

7B50, 7B50A, 7B52, 7B53A, 7B53AN, 7B70, 7B80, 7B85, 7B92A

7S11, 7T11, 7T11A, 7D15, 7CT1N

also

5A18N, 5B10N, 5A20N, 5A14N for 5000 series but no mainframe.

Mainframes

7313, 7603, 7613, 7623, R7704, 7704A but so well packed difficult to read the type numbers.

Almost none of this is tested, cosmetically most in good condition except the R7704s.

Bob

ArtekMedia <manuals@...>

Bob

How much do you want for the 7CT1N?

Dave
Dave & Lynn Henderson
ArtekMedia
Out-of-Print Technical Manuals
www.ArtekMedia.com
manuals@...
651-269-4265

bobworsley92 wrote:

>
> Hello group, been following the complaints about old scopes etc being disintegrated for their valves. Whilst I fully agree, on the other hand what do you do with them?
>
> I have just re-inherited all the old test equipment I gave to my dad, he has recently died. I just don't have room for it, I could use it but it is not exactly portable like a 466 or similar. I also have a pile of 560 scope stuff of my own, and that now never gets used.
>
> I did try selling some items on e(xpensive)bay but mostly no interest at all. On the second attept I sold the General Radio 1932A distortion analyser in almost new condition.
>
> I was interested in the link to audiotubes web site, and the prices the valves get. As far as I can see that is the only way to get a reasonable sum for the scopes. At least part of them lives on.
>
> Similarly the Sphere web site gives an idea on the prices for newer spares, prehaps all these 7704s I have are also for the chop.
>
> Any suggestions other than giving it away? scrap prices are better than that.
>
> Bob
>

Hello group

I have sent private messages to all those who asked specific questions, so if it hasn't arived then please contact me.

also

Mainframes

7313, 7603, 7613, 7623, R7704, 7704A but so well packed difficult to read the type numbers.

Almost none of this is tested, cosmetically most in good condition except the R7704s.

Bob

kupkagerhard <ghm1@...>

Hi Bob,

I sent you an email, but I didn't get a reply.
I am interested in the 7CT1n.

regards
Gerhard

Bob

Tom Miller <tmiller@...>

Bob,

What do you want for the 5000 series modules?

Tom

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: What to do with legacy scopes etc

Bob

Dave

Dave & Lynn Henderson
ArtekMedia
www.ArtekMedia.com
manuals@artekmedia.com
651-269-4265

bobworsley92 wrote:

>
> Hello group, been following the complaints about old scopes etc being disintegrated for their valves. Whilst I fully agree, on the other hand what do you do with them?
>
> I have just re-inherited all the old test equipment I gave to my dad, he has recently died. I just don't have room for it, I could use it but it is not exactly portable like a 466 or similar. I also have a pile of 560 scope stuff of my own, and that now never gets used.
>
> I did try selling some items on e(xpensive)bay but mostly no interest at all. On the second attept I sold the General Radio 1932A distortion analyser in almost new condition.
>
> I was interested in the link to audiotubes web site, and the prices the valves get. As far as I can see that is the only way to get a reasonable sum for the scopes. At least part of them lives on.
>
> Similarly the Sphere web site gives an idea on the prices for newer spares, prehaps all these 7704s I have are also for the chop.
>
>
> Bob
>

Hello group

also

Mainframes

Bob

aobp11 <aodiversen@...>

Hi Bob, I got now reply on my off-line question. Interested in 7T11A.
Albert

Hello group

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

Sorry about the public posting - but I've had no reply Bob. I suspect that
your ISP might for some reason be blocking mine.

Anyway - I'm in for the 547 if still available. Live near Oxford.

Craig

At the moment I am looking at a 547

Bob

--- In TekScopes@..., "kupkagerhard" <ghm1@...> wrote:

Hi Bob,

regards
Gerhard

--- In TekScopes@..., "bobworsley92" <bobworsley92@> wrote:

Bob
Hello, sorry for not replying but don't seem to have received the message, that is two gone astray.

You are number 3 in the list, see above in the thread.

Bob

--- In TekScopes@..., "Tom Miller" <tmiller@...> wrote:

Bob,

What do you want for the 5000 series modules?

Tom

Sent: Friday, January 01, 2010 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Re: What to do with legacy scopes etc

Bob

Dave

Dave & Lynn Henderson
ArtekMedia
www.ArtekMedia.com
manuals@...
651-269-4265

bobworsley92 wrote:

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Bob
>

Hello group

also

Mainframes

Bob
Hello, thanks for the interest.

I have a 5006 and was going to put them in that to sell the whole lot, did you also want the 5006? Not worth shipping outside the UK though.

There are the DM501 and TG501? Other 5xxx plug ins are for the scopes, not 100% sure on these, not seen many. Assuming they basically work, £50 the pair, or US$80, plus postage.

Bob

--- In TekScopes@..., "aobp11" <aodiversen@...> wrote:

Hi Bob, I got now reply on my off-line question. Interested in 7T11A.
Albert

Hello group

Albert

This is a tricky one, with the discussion about the count down tunnel diodes being $800 each. If it doesn't work then prety useless so will have to get it going, come back to you.

Bob

Tom Miller <tmiller@...>

Sorry Bob, I should have recognized the "proper English" at first
to see you live on the other side. Anyway, you are right. The
shipping would be a killer.

Regards,
Tom

Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 2:51 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Re: What to do with legacy scopes etc

--- In TekScopes@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Miller" > wrote:
Hello, thanks for the interest.

I have a 5006 and was going to put them in that to sell the whole lot, did you also want the 5006? Not worth shipping outside the UK though.

There are the DM501 and TG501? Other 5xxx plug ins are for the scopes, not 100% sure on these, not seen many. Assuming they basically work, £50 the pair, or US$80, plus postage.

Bob

Mike <mike@...>

Bob,

I also had an interest in the Solartron scope, never heard back from you. Is it still available, or haven't you got round to sorting that far yet?
Let me know if you get a chance.

Regards,

Mike M0XGG

--- In TekScopes@..., "kupkagerhard" <ghm1@> wrote:

Hi Bob,

regards
Gerhard

Bob
Hello, sorry for not replying but don't seem to have received the message, that is two gone astray.

You are number 3 in the list, see above in the thread.

Bob