From: "brenton1072" <bfoeken@bigpond.com.au>
To: <TekScopes@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:45 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Tektronix 1A7 and 1A7A Plug-ins

Hello,

Could anybody please advise me if the TEK 1A7 and 1A7A plugins are
similar in design and could you use the 1A7 manual to fault find the
1A7A plugin?

If not, is there a downloadable version of the 1A7A manual available?

So far I have only been able to find the 1A7 manual on BAMA.

As always, any help on this is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards
Brenton

Yahoo! Groups Links

Dave Wise

The only salient difference is the switch from nuvistors
to FETs, but knowing Tek, they probably improved this,
that, and the other until the "wrong" manual is only
an approximation. I bet it's close though; I wouldn't
avoid a 1A7A because of it.

By the way, FETs were available for the 1A7 as a
field-installable kit, so not all 1A7's have nuvistors.

Dave Wise

Could anybody please advise me if the TEK 1A7 and 1A7A plugins are
similar in design and could you use the 1A7 manual to fault find the
1A7A plugin?

If not, is there a downloadable version of the 1A7A manual available?

So far I have only been able to find the 1A7 manual on BAMA.

arthurok <arthurok@...>

they had a similar "kit" for 1a1 and "w" plugins
i wonder if deane kidd has the kit for a w plug in

Could anybody please advise me if the TEK 1A7 and 1A7A plugins are
similar in design and could you use the 1A7 manual to fault find the
1A7A plugin?

If not, is there a downloadable version of the 1A7A manual available?

So far I have only been able to find the 1A7 manual on BAMA.

Yahoo! Groups Links

arthurok <arthurok@...>

i have a reak tek 1a7a manual that came when i purchased my 1a7a maybe i could scan a little of it for you