Topics

fast storage vs. slow storage?

Robert Morein <morepub@...>

The Tek 434 has much slower writing speed than the "fast" scopes.
I notice there was an almost free option to supply a faster writing CRT.
From this, I'm guessing there is some advantage to a CRT with slow writing speed.
Durability, perhaps?
Resistance to burn?
Does anyone have any figures for number of storage hours for the various tubes?

KB6NAX

Cost of CRT, most likely. My 7613 is the slowest of the -13, -23, -
33 series. Writing speed is not important when viewing repetitive
waveforms, just takes a few more sweeps to build up image on screen.
Same as ordinary CRT. For single shot events, like when looking for
randomly occurring anomolies, one at a time, writing speed is all
important. Slow speed is fine for slow events like biological
experiments, etc.

Arden

Stan & Patricia Griffiths <w7ni@...>

The main difference between fast and slow storage tubes is contrast. Better
contrast in the slow ones.

Stan
w7ni@...