white relays

david@...

Hello David,
I saw your reference to these low capacitance relays, I have a 7A11 with
some of these, which are faulty, where can I get some, any leads ?.
The only source I know of is Deane Kidd (dektyr@teleport.com). The last
time I asked him, he was selling them for USD 25 new, or USD 10 used :-(
You can see that you might be better off taking them out of junked
7A11/7A12/7A13 plugins.

Also, if you are extremely careful (and lucky), you can cut open the
plastic with a hot knife, and possibly get them unstuck with contact
cleaner.

William de Bruyn <liam@...>

Hello David,
I saw your reference to these low capacitance relays, I have a 7A11 with
some of these, which are faulty, where can I get some, any leads ?.

Regards
William de Bruyn

david@...

Tell us about these relays; I think it was you who referred to them as
'white relays'. What kind of relays they were? Encapsulated reed, I would
think.
No - special low capacitance relays made by Tek, e.g. part # 148-0054-00.
If you look inside a 7A12 or 7A13 they are obvious.

What kind of failures did you experience with them? Were coils
failing or contacts did not do well in these super dry circuits.
The armatures get stuck.