Topics

Hello World

Stefan Graef <stgraef@...>

Hi,

I've joined this group for keep in touch with other enthusiasts of
old instruments, of course Tektronix too. Why does neary everybody
seems to fear publishing his name and some info about his person
here. Big Brother has better possibilities than looking for some odd
guys collecting T&M "trash".

By the way I've got a east german made "monster scope" (a real
boatanchor with tube count > 100, weight > 60kg and > 600watts pwr)
of appprox. 1968 which uses a very close copy of the Tek 545A crt. I
don't think they ever paid a licence fee (do you remember the Hickock
story?). Maybe I will try one of these "chinese" copy in a 545A
mainframe - just for fun.

Stefan

Dan Kerl <dlkerl@...>

Guys (is Bobbi on here yet?),

I usually lurk in most email groups that I've joined. Note that this
is not fear-based; I usually won't post unless I feel I have something
worthwhile to contribute. I have had communications (via glowbugs/
boatanchors) with certain members of this list for awhile now. I
appreciate their generosity in sharing arcane knowledge and experience
concerning Tek equipment. I hope that nobody takes offense if I only
post occasionally. I always listen, however.

I have the following Tek equipment:

RM545B - my main scope. Needs calibration, which I'll get to when I
have time. The only bad component I've had so far was one of
those damn oil caps got leaky (6AU5 HV osc tank) and smoked
the cathode resistor.
555 - works. I haven't decided what to do with this one, though.
485 - I know it's solid state, but I picked up at a garage sale for cheap.
A 350 MHz scope comes in handy from time to time.
310 - needs a little work. Nice sized scope, good for audio work.

numerous 500-series plugins (some functioal, some not), including a 1M1
that Stefan was kind enough to offer to me (Thanks). No spectrum analyzer,
though.

Wants: 577 curve tracer for cheap.
570 (who doesn't?)

--
Dan Kerl
dlkerl@...

Welcome, I'm not afraid, my name is Oscillator Sherman

You have any vidoes or PIctures of the monster oscilloscope
I just bought a 1ghz tektronix 7104 for 30 dollars Partially working.
Here is my video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMGDOzYwLys

John Ferguson

Can we assume that the reason you used the flashlight in the video is that you plugged it in and blew the mains?