Topics

"SD-30" from Tektronix ebay store

Egge Siert

Hi Reginald,

Maybe SD-32's are selected ones of a production run. In addition: 067-1338-XX's, from what I have seen during the years, have by far better Risetimes than 11801/11802 (and some early CSA803's) Calibrators. Looks to me another selectionproces.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Reginald Beardsley

Does anyone know the history of the SD-30 and SD-32? I'm wondering if what I got is a prototype for the SD-32.

It would make sense that someone would take a production SD-30, change the connector to a 2.48 mm and test it to see if the connector change increased the BW. I can easily see a few of those sitting around at Tek for 30 years.

Reg

Reginald Beardsley

Thanks.

The really crazy part of this is it has a Tek capital asset tag on it. And they did not put a short on the input despite the warning label about ESD on the box.

Have Fun!
Reg

Egge Siert

Hi again,

It seems they are sold out now. Another alternative from the same Seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Echoic-2-92mm-Female-2-4mm-Male-Coaxial-Adapter-Connector-40GHz-RF-Microwave/183953949981?hash=item2ad482851d:g:IvYAAOSwRRZbIaNd

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Egge Siert

Hi Reginald,

I bought some time ago NEW Sealed 2.92mm Female to 2.4mm Male Adapters for USD 50.00 each.

Greetings,

Egge Siert

Reginald Beardsley

TEA syndrome led me to buy a sampling head from chipxs which is clearly labeled SD-30. However when I plugged it in and powered up my 11801 it is reported to be an SD-32 and it has the 2.48 mm connector used on the SD-32.

Go figure! Unfortunately a 2.48-M to 2.92-F adapter runs about $250 from the usual pirates which is why I was looking for an SD-30.

BTW I did finally get a completely dead SD-24. Listed as "tested and working". So we'll see how that turns out. The 11801 doesn't even see it. I won the auction for $64, but had not looked closely enough at the photos. One of the switches was broken off. In the photo it had terminators, but those were removed for shipping and the head was wrapped in bubble wrap and tape despite the clear warning label on the side.

Reg