Topics

Sweep Generator with ramp output for use with Ocilloscope using XY settings.

James Theonas

The video is ok and all but I got one of those cheap sweep generators that go from 35MHz to 4.4GHz and the sweep function works well but the ramp has to synchronized with the sweep for it to work properly. I would think that the addition of a ramp output on said circuit should be simple... It works based on the ADF4351.

On Monday, July 13, 2020, 2:25:49 PM GMT+3, Mike Dinolfo <@mdinolfo> wrote:

James:

I imagine that there are many circuits that could generate a ramp output
similar to the ramp output (horizontal, x-axis) of a 1401A, but one
simple circuit is presented in W2AEW's youtube video #105 at about 37
seconds from the start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a1I1X3RV0g&list=PLhtYYpsE3LzVUVSNHUVhfcoaI3mLEKSIx&index=104&t=0s

Mike Dinolfo N4MWP

On 7/13/20 6:53 AM, James Theonas via groups.io wrote:
I am looking for a cheap sweep generator that has a ramp output for use using xy setting. Something like the Tek 1401a which is very hard to find and very expensive for what you get. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Merci beaucoup!

Dale H. Cook

On 7/13/2020 6:53 AM, James Theonas wrote:

I am looking for a cheap sweep generator that has a ramp output for use using xy setting.
Something like the Tek 1401a which is very hard to find and very expensive for what you get.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
What precisely are you trying to do? A 'scope display will be pretty much useless unless the sweep voltage is synchronized with the waveform being displayed, thus the development of triggered sweep.
--
Dale H. Cook, GR/HP/Tek Collector, Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA
https://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/radios/