Off topic - Electronics Book Club from the 70s and 80s

Richard in Edenton NC

Hi, I have been a ham radio operator since 1976 when I was a teenager. I do have a Tektronix scope and a 492 spectrum analyzer and a bunch of other electronic test equipment but it has been years since I was a component level bench tech. I am hoping some on here might have a catalog from the former Electronics Book Club that advertised in electronics magazines back in the 70s and 80s. My goal is to find names of older pubs and order them and give me something to do that I used to enjoy. I have a few of Harold Kinleys books, some by John Link and some decent oscilloscope books. I am wanting to get back to basics on theory and troubleshooting. Thanks everyone.

73 Richard W4MCD

aldue

Hi Richard, I shall dig around in the morning. 73 aldue

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020, 2:20 PM Richard in Edenton NC via Groups.Io <w4mcd=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi, I have been a ham radio operator since 1976 when I was a teenager. I
do have a Tektronix scope and a 492 spectrum analyzer and a bunch of other
electronic test equipment but it has been years since I was a component
level bench tech. I am hoping some on here might have a catalog from the
former Electronics Book Club that advertised in electronics magazines back
in the 70s and 80s. My goal is to find names of older pubs and order them
and give me something to do that I used to enjoy. I have a few of Harold
Kinleys books, some by John Link and some decent oscilloscope books. I am
wanting to get back to basics on theory and troubleshooting. Thanks
everyone.

73 Richard W4MCD

John

Hello Richard,

QST is online for ARRL members. Prowl around the net and you can probably find what you want for cheap!

Digging in the new stuff really not that hard to grasp. In fact, we old timers have a lot of experience that goes a long way.

de W8CCW John

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
--
John Ferrell W8CCW
Julian NC 27283

Richard in Edenton NC

Thank you Aldue

Richard in Edenton NC

Hi John, Yes it is. I am in the ARRL. I am OK with reading publications as pdf documents online but being old school I prefer an actual book. It defeats the purpose but I often print out pdf books I find online, then read them. Depending on how thick they are, and if it is something i think I would want to keep for later reference.

73 Richard W4MCD

Jelcke de Boer

This site has a wealth of online and free publications on electronics and Ham stuff:
https://www.americanradiohistory.com/

Enjoy!

Best regards,
Jelcke de Boer

Mike Jaeger

thank you for this post it will be a big help