Topics

Tek Blue Paint

penguin2004au

Greetings group:
Just a thought on matching the panel colour on Tektronix equipment.
Was trying to get a match of the original engine colour of a car I was restoring and thought British Standard 381/175 Light French
Blue looked pretty close; but no, way off.
As an experiment tried stirring in some Deep Bronze Green, BS 381/224 and found I could get very close to a match for the engine.
Later noticed this was also very close to Tek Blue.
I am in Australia, don't know about the availability of BS colours Stateside.

Regards: John Foster

Brendan

The closest I have been able to come is Bahama Sea by Krylon.

stevenhorii

Years ago, I was able to buy a can of Tektronix blue paint from Tektronix
parts. I presume that the option is long gone.

I suggest looking through Pantone colors as these are standard and many
paints can be made to match them.

Steve

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 11:11 PM Brendan via Groups.Io
<the_infinite_penguin=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

The closest I have been able to come is Bahama Sea by Krylon.

Hi Steve and Brendan,
Stan Griffiths used to sell Tek paint in spray cans and other ways. I got 4 of the last cans he had in October. He only had a few left at that time.

This might be what you are looking for:
Dennis Tillman W7pF