Topics

2215 cleaning + recap

ridderg@...

Just to be sure, I do have a question on HV safety:

The scope has been disconnected from power for a number of weeks now. When starting the recap is it enough to discharge the large power capacitors? Or is there a need to disconnect and discharge the CRT lead as well?

Thanks.

ridderg@...

Thanks! I checked again and it turns out I missed a second screw on the top left that attaches to the preregulator board. So there are 7 screws in total.

guy232

Just checked the 2215 sm, it should have 6 screws total removed. You pop
the shield out by pulling upwards on the right rear corner of the shield.
There are some little slots in the chasis that the shield slips into, you
can see it in my previous post's picture at the rear top left of the shield
by the ground sticker. If its just barely wiggling and not easily popping
free maybe take a flash light and double check that you removed the correct
two screws on the rear chasis.

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020, 3:07 PM guy232 via Groups.Io <gry.russel=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Did ya get the screw hiding under the chasis rail circled here?

https://imgur.com/a/O81VEZN

guy232

Did ya get the screw hiding under the chasis rail circled here?

https://imgur.com/a/O81VEZN

ridderg@...

Hi all, I’ve recently bought a used, somewhat beat up but functional 2215. The trace sometimes shifts vertically, probably due to dirty switches. The plan is to clean some of the switches and replace all PSU caps.

I’ve started disassembly but am currently blocked as the HV shield seems stuck. I’ve removed all screws as indicated in the service manual (which in itself was a pain as a couple of screws were worn out). The shield can be wiggled but seems stuck at the right side somewhere (looking from the front).

Did I miss anything or should I just apply more force? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!