Topics

Anyone needing parts from Tektronix 310A, 531A or 533A scopes?

Brenda

Hello everyone,

I am going to be parting out a Tektronix 310A, 531A and 533A scopes as I have lost too much money trying to get replacement CRTs for them, either damaged in shipping or getter has turned clear. The parts that I am parting out would be the switches like the timing switch, HV power supplies from the 310A and 531A and special parts that would be considered hard to come by. I am just curious to see how many folks may be need in some parts before actually strip them. If there is enough interest, I will put the parts up on eBay.

Brenda

Morris Odell

Hi Brenda,

A frend of mine down here in Australia is looking for a fan motor from a 531A or 533A. Would you be prepared to ship one down here?

Thanks,

Morris

momemeca

Hello Brenda,
Another request from the land of Oz :-)
I am restoring a number of older TEK scopes, including a 310A, and would dearly appreciate some parts if not a complete donor unit.
Perhaps the other gentleman (Morris I believe) could put me in touch with the fellow in AUS?

Cheers,

Rick
Melbourne AUS

On 8 Feb 2020, at 10:57, Brenda via Groups.Io <brendda75=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am going to be parting out a Tektronix 310A, 531A and 533A scopes as I have lost too much money trying to get replacement CRTs for them, either damaged in shipping or getter has turned clear. The parts that I am parting out would be the switches like the timing switch, HV power supplies from the 310A and 531A and special parts that would be considered hard to come by. I am just curious to see how many folks may be need in some parts before actually strip them. If there is enough interest, I will put the parts up on eBay.

Brenda

Trevor

Brenda-
Consider saving the power transformers, as they have a tendency to develop a leakage path from the elevated potential CRT filament winding to whatever adjacent winding. Failed 310's are commonly saved by adding an external filament transformer, but that's a bit unsightly.
Trevor

On Saturday, February 8, 2020, 4:59:49 AM EST, momemeca <momemeca@...> wrote:

[...]

Phil Cirocco

HI Brenda,
I am desperately looking for a graticule for a 310 or a 360 scope. The transparent insert with the grid lines in front of the CRT. It should easily be removable from the front with no dis-assembly. Please let me know one way or the other. I will gladly pay for it and/or shipping.

Phil Cirocco
Discrete Synthesizers

Brenda

Hello and thank you for the interest. I was a bit frustrated when I posted this and I do apologize. I think I will hold onto them for now since I know that I will really regret it if I parted them out. I just need to be patient and give it time.

Brenda

p mc

Trooper

On Sat, Feb 8, 2020 at 12:56 PM, Brenda wrote:

Hello and thank you for the interest. I was a bit frustrated when I posted
this and I do apologize. I think I will hold onto them for now since I know
that I will really regret it if I parted them out. I just need to be patient
and give it time.

Brenda

Phil Cirocco

Wow, thank you for getting my hopes up and than passing along the frustration.

Keith Erickson

I have working 531A and 533A scopes available in MN TC.

Keith,
Wayzata, MN