Topics

Did something happen to Yahoo Groups Today?

For what it's worth I am still the administrator of the Yahoo TekScopes
Group.
About 1 or 2 times a week I get a notice that someone wants to join the
Yahoo TekScopes group and I redirect them to us.

I also receive a notice whenever someone leaves the Yahoo TekScopes group.
Normally there are a few of them per week.
But yesterday I got 11 of them within 2 hours which is extremely unusual.

Is anyone aware of something that happened on Yahoo that would explain this?

Dennis Tillman W7PF

Mlynch001

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 09:04 PM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:

For what it's worth I am still the administrator of the Yahoo TekScopes
Group.
About 1 or 2 times a week I get a notice that someone wants to join the
Yahoo TekScopes group and I redirect them to us.

I also receive a notice whenever someone leaves the Yahoo TekScopes group.
Normally there are a few of them per week.
But yesterday I got 11 of them within 2 hours which is extremely unusual.

Is anyone aware of something that happened on Yahoo that would explain this?

Dennis Tillman W7PF
Dennis,

I have been getting some e-mail about Yahoo Groups deleting files and closing down recently. Perhaps this has prompted people to leave the Yahoo group? I suppose I get these messages because I am a member here?

Just a guess.

Michael

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Dave Daniel

I received an email regarding the class action lawsuit against Yahoo for the data breaches that happened awhile ago today. Otherwise, nothing else out of the ordinary.

DaveD

On Jan 29, 2020, at 22:05, Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF> wrote:

For what it's worth I am still the administrator of the Yahoo TekScopes
Group.
About 1 or 2 times a week I get a notice that someone wants to join the
Yahoo TekScopes group and I redirect them to us.

I also receive a notice whenever someone leaves the Yahoo TekScopes group.
Normally there are a few of them per week.
But yesterday I got 11 of them within 2 hours which is extremely unusual.

Is anyone aware of something that happened on Yahoo that would explain this?

Dennis Tillman W7PF

Eric

Yahoo is in the process of officially killing groups and closing down.

wrote:

For what it's worth I am still the administrator of the Yahoo TekScopes
Group.
About 1 or 2 times a week I get a notice that someone wants to join the
Yahoo TekScopes group and I redirect them to us.

I also receive a notice whenever someone leaves the Yahoo TekScopes
group.
Normally there are a few of them per week.
But yesterday I got 11 of them within 2 hours which is extremely unusual.

Is anyone aware of something that happened on Yahoo that would explain
this?

Dennis Tillman W7PF

Roy Morgan

Will all Yahoo email functions die also? (I know someone with a Yahoo email address. )

Roy Morgan
K1LKY Western Mass

wrote:

For what it's worth I am still the administrator of the Yahoo TekScopes
Group.
About 1 or 2 times a week I get a notice that someone wants to join the
Yahoo TekScopes group and I redirect them to us.

I also receive a notice whenever someone leaves the Yahoo TekScopes
group.
Normally there are a few of them per week.
But yesterday I got 11 of them within 2 hours which is extremely unusual.

Is anyone aware of something that happened on Yahoo that would explain
this?

Dennis Tillman W7PF

Eric

As far as I know at the current time it is groups only.

wrote:

For what it's worth I am still the administrator of the Yahoo TekScopes
Group.
About 1 or 2 times a week I get a notice that someone wants to join the
Yahoo TekScopes group and I redirect them to us.

I also receive a notice whenever someone leaves the Yahoo TekScopes
group.
Normally there are a few of them per week.
But yesterday I got 11 of them within 2 hours which is extremely
unusual.

Is anyone aware of something that happened on Yahoo that would explain
this?

Dennis Tillman W7PF

redarlington

This message just prompted me to go in and leave the yahoo group. Yahoo is
dead. It'll be a little while before they figure it out but I'm pulling out
of all my 100 or so groups there now.
-Bob

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 8:04 PM Dennis Tillman W7PF <@Dennis_Tillman_W7pF>
wrote:

For what it's worth I am still the administrator of the Yahoo TekScopes
Group.
About 1 or 2 times a week I get a notice that someone wants to join the
Yahoo TekScopes group and I redirect them to us.

I also receive a notice whenever someone leaves the Yahoo TekScopes group.
Normally there are a few of them per week.
But yesterday I got 11 of them within 2 hours which is extremely unusual.

Is anyone aware of something that happened on Yahoo that would explain
this?

Dennis Tillman W7PF

Richard Knoppow

I disagree with this as policy. My mail client will accept messages from either Yahoo or GIO, the filter will route them into the same folder. I do not post using Yahoo but want to see what messages may come from it. As long as I don't get spam I will leave the account alone. At some point, if I don't get any messages from Yahoo for an extended period I will unsubscribe there. Otherwise it sort of vanishes of itself.

On 1/30/2020 9:54 AM, redarlington wrote:
This message just prompted me to go in and leave the yahoo group. Yahoo is
dead. It'll be a little while before they figure it out but I'm pulling out
of all my 100 or so groups there now.
-Bob
--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@...
WB6KBL

Hi Richard,
I never left Yahoo TekScopes but I haven't gotten any messages from Yahoo TekScopes members who don't know we moved to Groups.io. They would still be sending them to the Yahoo TekScopes.
As the moderator I do receive notices that people want to join it and notices that people left it but that is all.
Are you receiving regular posts to Yahoo TekScopes?
Dennis Tillman W7PF