Topics

Thanks Tektronix

Marvin Moss

My thanks to Dennis for the fine job he is doing. I started my Tek career as a student co-op at Radiation, Inc. in Melbourne Florida in 1955. I worked in the test equipment dept for the summer repairing the Tek stuff. I was always amazed at how you could clean the Tek scopes by washing them with a hose outside in the parking lot and then letting them dry with no damage to anything inside the scope. Also Tek even provided silver solder inside the scope in case you did not have any. I also became a Technician in 1956 (summer) and learned from the master ( Bill Eddins) how to really use a Tek Scope. We were building a new telemetry system for Col John Stapp's rocket sled out at Holloman AFB. I learned a lot about design and testing that summer. I went on to the University of Florida where I got a PhD in Electrical Engr in 1966 and a 32 year career at Lockheed. Tek has always been a part of my ham radio life also and I now have 5 Tek scopes presently. Long live Tek!!

Jim Ford

Rocket sled telemetry, eh?  You didn't happen to work with a Mr. Murphy, did you, Marvin?  I understand that Murphy's law arose from a non-keyed connector in the telemetry harness on a rocket sled.  Or is that just a myth?Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: Marvin Moss <mmoss@...> Date: 1/16/20 6:51 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: [TekScopes] Thanks Tektronix My thanks to Dennis for the fine job he is doing.  I started my Tek career as a student co-op at Radiation, Inc. in Melbourne Florida in 1955.  I worked in the test equipment dept for the summer repairing the Tek stuff. I was always amazed at how you could clean the Tek scopes by washing them with a hose outside in the parking lot and then letting them dry with no damage to anything inside the scope.  Also Tek even provided silver solder inside the scope in case you did not have any. I also became a Technician in 1956 (summer) and learned from the master ( Bill Eddins) how to really use a Tek Scope.  We were building a new telemetry system for Col John Stapp's rocket sled out at Holloman AFB.  I learned a lot about design and testing that summer.  I went on to the University of Florida where I got a PhD in Electrical Engr in 1966 and a 32 year career at Lockheed.  Tek has always been a part of my ham radio life also and I now have 5 Tek scopes presently.  Long live Tek!!

Jamie Ostrowski

I really enjoy hearing all of these stories. There's so much accumulated
knowledge and talent here it's just unbelievable!

Thanks for sharing the memories...

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 9:29 AM Jim Ford <james.ford@...> wrote:

Rocket sled telemetry, eh? You didn't happen to work with a Mr. Murphy,
did you, Marvin? I understand that Murphy's law arose from a non-keyed
connector in the telemetry harness on a rocket sled. Or is that just a
myth?Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Marvin Moss <mmoss@...>
Date: 1/16/20 6:51 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject:
[TekScopes] Thanks Tektronix My thanks to Dennis for the fine job he is
doing. I started my Tek career as a student co-op at Radiation, Inc. in
Melbourne Florida in 1955. I worked in the test equipment dept for the
summer repairing the Tek stuff. I was always amazed at how you could clean
the Tek scopes by washing them with a hose outside in the parking lot and
then letting them dry with no damage to anything inside the scope. Also
Tek even provided silver solder inside the scope in case you did not have
any. I also became a Technician in 1956 (summer) and learned from the
master ( Bill Eddins) how to really use a Tek Scope. We were building a
new telemetry system for Col John Stapp's rocket sled out at Holloman AFB.
I learned a lot about design and testing that summer. I went on to the
University of Florida where I got a PhD in Electrical Engr in 1966 and a 32
year career at Lockheed. Tek has always been a part of my ham radio life
also and I now have 5 Tek scopes presently. Long live Tek!!