From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of oakley@...
Sent: 16 January 2020 08:13
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tek Scope Cart - Model 3 or K213?

Thanks Colin, John, Harvey and Guy232 for your kind efforts to answer my questions.

I think that the Model 3 cart is clearly the winner over the K213 cart. The dimensional details and photos were very helpful in solidifying my decision.

Although it probably seems sacrilegious, I'm going to strip the Tektronix's blue and off-white vinyl finish and have the parts shot with textured Polane-T, matching IBM's traditional creme white and black finishes.

Thanks again!

Tom in SLC

oakley@...

Thanks Colin, John, Harvey and Guy232 for your kind efforts to answer my questions.

I think that the Model 3 cart is clearly the winner over the K213 cart. The dimensional details and photos were very helpful in solidifying my decision.

Although it probably seems sacrilegious, I'm going to strip the Tektronix's blue and off-white vinyl finish and have the parts shot with textured Polane-T, matching IBM's traditional creme white and black finishes.

Thanks again!

Tom in SLC

guy232

I love when a Q pops up on here that I can answer! I went ahead and took pics w/ measurements of my Lab Cart 3. I hosted the pics on imgur link:

https://imgur.com/a/jQk1kMP

Excuse the slight mess, moving some boxes around in the house.

Also excuse the bell howell "tm500" ;) being a filthy millenial I must currently make do with that until I can find an affordable TM500 3-4 bay with plugins to replace the Bell howell.

I fully disassembled the cart after I bought it on CL. Regreased a couple friction points on the upper tilt cart. Removed the castor assembly & wheels, brake cleaner to remove the old grease/debris from the bearings. Regreased with syringe filled with mobil1 synthetic. Rolls/swivels exceptionally smooth, love it!

If you need any other measurements or pics of it just let me know!

Harvey White

Mine is about 35.5 inches ground to bottom of tray.  Hard to see if it's level since it's somewhat in storage.  The other notch (perhaps tilted) was 34 inches lip of tray to ground.  Mine has a lower tray on which there's a TM504.

Harvey

On 1/15/2020 4:22 AM, oakley@... wrote:
Hi All,

I'm in desperate need for a scope cart. I've got a 2465BDM, 2467B, and a Fluke PM3394B and I'd like to mount them to the same cart. Both the Model 3 and the K213 carts appear to be able to handle the scopes' weight.

After collecting as many JPGs as reasonably possible, it appears to me that the K213 is shorter than the Model 3, but I can't find any dimensional information for either of these carts. Does anyone know the overall height of either of these carts?

I'm wondering what you experienced souls would recommend?

Does one cart have any particular features over the other? Is there a reason to focus on acquiring one over the other?

Thanks so much.

Tom in SLC

John Griessen

On 1/15/20 7:36 AM, Colin Herbert via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Tom,
I have a Labcart Model 3. It is 39.5" high, 28" long (including the handle of the drawer) and 18" wide, approximately. These measurements exclude the castoring wheels.
A little more detail on model 3:

35 inches to top tray surface -- the 39" is the top of the pivot of the frame.
48 inches to top of a 4 bay 7000 scope on top tray.
other trays below top one are adjustable... mine are at -15-1/4 inches and -8.5 inches.
15-1/4 below is the lowest set of holes I think.
Top of lower drawer is at 12 inches from floor.

Colin Herbert

Hi Tom,
I have a Labcart Model 3. It is 39.5" high, 28" long (including the handle of the drawer) and 18" wide, approximately. These measurements exclude the castoring wheels. I hope this helps a little.
Colin.