Topics

We have multiple Owners. WAS: Do we need multiple owners?

Hi David,
This reminds me of something Mark Twain once said: "Reports of my death have
been greatly exaggerated" :)

Michael Dunn, who created TekScopes 20 years ago, is still very much
involved in TekScopes. He acts as my back stop any time I am on the road or
too busy to respond quickly. We are in regular communication. Any messages
sent to the Moderator go to both of us. We both have full moderator
authority to do whatever is needed. It was Michael who saw the need a few
years ago to insure a 2nd person could take over in the event something
happened to him.

For the past 2 or 3 years we have shared the load on the important items and
I have looked after the day to day stuff. For instance Michael, more than I,
was instrumental in choosing Groups.io more than 2 years ago. We both
handled the logistics of the move. I am the main contact point between
TekScopes and Groups.io.

Both of us will be responsible for the contributions jointly so they will be
safe if something happens to either one of us. We are also in different
geological areas and in different countries (I'm on the northwest coast of
the United States and Michael is much further east in Ontario, Canada).

Dennis Tillman W7PF,