Topics

576 serials

B315148

Replying here because don't know M. Lynch's email

David

Michael W. Lynch

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 08:00 AM, David C. Partridge wrote:

Replying here because don't know M. Lynch's email
David,

I have added you to the list.

Anyone else can respond with their Type 576 S/N to >mlynch002atgmaildotcom<.

Thanks!

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Michael W. Lynch

To anyone who might have missed the conversation. There was some interest in compiling a Serial Number List for the Type 576 Curve tracers in the possession of members of the forum. I volunteered to compile the data for anyone who cares to share it. The data and spreadshhet will be anonymized and will not be posted, shared or used for any commercial purpose.

If you have a 576 and would like to share you serial number for inclusion on the list. please reply to me off list at: >mlynch003@yahoo.com< or >mlynch002@gmail.com<

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

cnc_joker

I have a 576 but the serial number is partially worn off. It is B32??7P. The second ? might be a 0 or 8.
Is there anywhere else on the unit that has the serial number. i also have a 176 plug in, does that have
a serial number? I could not find one.

Glydeck

Is there any other meta data we should submit? HV transformer type, etc. A simple list of SN#s doesn’t seem particularly useful.

On Feb 7, 2021, at 6:54 AM, cnc_joker via groups.io <peter=reilley.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have a 576 but the serial number is partially worn off. It is B32??7P. The second ? might be a 0 or 8.
Is there anywhere else on the unit that has the serial number. i also have a 176 plug in, does that have
a serial number? I could not find one.

Eric

I do know my 328XX serial number is one of the early ones with the black HV transformer. My other one has a black HV transformer but only cause I was able to put it there it had the brown one and did have the HV collapse disease.

Eric

Is there any other meta data we should submit? HV transformer type, etc. A simple list of SN#s doesn’t seem particularly useful.
On Feb 7, 2021, at 6:54 AM, cnc_joker via groups.io <peter=reilley.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have a 576 but the serial number is partially worn off. It is B32??7P. The second ? might be a 0 or 8.
Is there anywhere else on the unit that has the serial number. i also have a 176 plug in, does that have
a serial number? I could not find one.

Dave Brown

The 576 mod summary shows the new 120-0612-03 transformer was implemented for serial number greater than B089999. It required two resistors to be changed. The field mod notice is dated June of 1983.

Eric

Mine was a change from -02 to -03. The transformer cot warm over current
and the power supply collapsed do you know if I register change is
nessessary from 02 to 03?

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 10:26 AM, Glydeck wrote:

Is there any other meta data we should submit? HV transformer type, etc. A
simple list of SN#s doesn’t seem particularly useful.
Certainly a good suggestion. I am documenting whatever anyone shares at this point. Some are sending IC date codes, others are sending CRT information. I would certainly appreciate any other suggestions of data that folks would like to see gathered. If anyone wants to add or change information regarding their instrument, just reference your S/N and add the new data, I will sort it out.

Thanks!

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Michael W. Lynch

On Sun, Feb 7, 2021 at 08:54 AM, cnc_joker wrote:

i also have a 176 plug in, does that have
a serial number? I could not find one.
There should be a standard TEKTRONIX Serial # label on the 176. The one that I saw had this decal on the center of the lower front panel. See Tekwiki140 for a picture. Perhaps it has been removed?

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

cnc_joker

Thanks, I can see where the sticker was, only the stickum is left.

Mlynch001

Occasionally, the S/N is also written with black marker on the inside of the case or on one of the circuit boards.
--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR