Topics

576 collector supply issues

Martin Whybrow

I'm repairing my newly acquired 576, it doesn't have any voltage on the collector supply whatever settings I use. I've checked and repaired the interlock switch on the safety box, but still no luck. I'm now starting near the beginning and have checked T300 and there is no 115V supply on it. I need to go back to K323 which enables the supply to the transformer, but I can't locate it; the manual is not one of Tek's finest and it doesn't appear to show the location of several major parts! Can anyone tell me where it's located?

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

Remove the bottom cover, there are relays accessible from there.

Ed Breya

Before digging too deep, check the circuit breaker button to make sure it's not popped, and reset it if it is. It's on the deck, right above the variac. If you just got it, it's possible someone before may have overloaded it.

Ed

Eric

And If not the breaker check the Variac. The collector supply is wall -> Breaker -> Variac - > T300 after T300 it gets a little weird also be very careful in there the 1500V is exposed when you have 115 on T300.

On 5/26/2020 3:55 PM, Martin Whybrow wrote:
I'm repairing my newly acquired 576, it doesn't have any voltage on the collector supply whatever settings I use. I've checked and repaired the interlock switch on the safety box, but still no luck. I'm now starting near the beginning and have checked T300 and there is no 115V supply on it. I need to go back to K323 which enables the supply to the transformer, but I can't locate it; the manual is not one of Tek's finest and it doesn't appear to show the location of several major parts! Can anyone tell me where it's located?

Martin Whybrow

Relay located and a mystery found! K323 is connected to an extra socket on the back of the unit, it's a Bulgin 3 pin socket, connected to K323's coil, the wire that was originally connected to K323's coil and to pin 3 of T301 which is earthed. Guessing this was an external interlock added by the original users (TI according to the asset tag).

Martin Whybrow

Wiring restored to original and now it's working. Going to go through the full test and cal procedures to see how it's behaving now.