549 storage does not work

john.looyestijn@...

I raised a 549 from the grave and it is now working well, except for the memory function. The storage board is of version 'E' (actually indicated as HE, what must stand for Hoogeveen, The Netherlands type 'E'). If someone has the documentation on this version, that would be very welcome. The problem I now have is that the upper half of the CTR does not light up when the STORE function is activated. When the INTEGRATE TRACES button is pressed, than the upper part of the screen does light up and stays like that even when when STORE is depressed. Ingrate Traces has to be pushed again to get a normal screen. Switching the connections of the UPPER and LOWER on the PCB indicates that the electronics are working fine for upper and lower.
In addition to this, no signal remains on the screen in STORE mode. TP FLOOD CATH is 112 volt (seems to be low) and can not be altered since R1185 is missing. So 2 main questions:
1) why does the upper part of the CTR not light up in STORE mode;
2) why does the memory function not work.

Any help/suggestions will be appreciated

john.looyestijn@...

I raised this question some time ago, but have received no reaction so far.
If anyone knows something about these problems, help and/or suggestions are very welcome.

kim.herron@sbcglobal.net

HI John!

I can't help with the issues, but I do have a 549 carcass
that has a storage board still in it, if that would be any
help. Let me know.

On 8 May 2021 at 6:30, john.looyestijn@hetnet.nl wrote:

I raised this question some time ago, but have received no reaction
so far.
If anyone knows something about these problems, help and/or
suggestions are very welcome.

Kim Herron W8ZV
kim.herron@sbcglobal.net
1-616-677-3706

--
Kim Herron
W8ZV

widgethunter

My 549 has a lot of background noise in the stored display so I'm going to tweak it up some.Haven't found the time, so far.Not sure how this helps, except to say mine is open, at the moment...Bernd Schroder