Topics

547 HV Transformer: Bill Schell rewind restored (was Re: [TekScopes] 547 HV Transformer: Bill Schell rewind failed)

Dave Wise

?To set the record straight, I post this with a new title.

To you who reads only this post:

After sitting idle for four years, my 547 with Bill Schell rewound HV transformer exhibited the classic HV transformer thermal runaway.

I posted this fact.

Then I kept the instrument warm overnight.

Next morning it was fine again. It is still fine.

It appears that although my transformer took on water, it baked right out and returned to excellent working condition.

This is nothing like the problem with the original Tek epoxy formula, which is irreversible.

I still hold Bill's work in high respect.

Dave Wise