Topics

515A-S1 Oscilloscope DC Fan Motor Question

Paul Humel

I recently purchased a Type 515A oscilloscope online, and noticed that it’s labelled “Type 515A-S1”. After some investigation I found that the “-S1” means that it can run on voltages of up to 800 cycles per second. And I found that in order to do this, the cooling fan is DC instead of AC. I opened mine up, and discovered that the DC fan motor has been replaced by a lightweight AC fan motor (Tektronix P/N 147-022). While I don't use 800 cps power, I’d like to keep my 515A-S1 “anatomically correct” and install the proper Tektronix DC fan motor. Does anyone have an idea of where I could find one? Thanks.