Topics

2445 CH 3 and CH 4 vertical setting - volts/ div where ?

vaclav_sal

Just adjured 2445 scope and trying to get familiar with the controls.
Not having much luck asking Mrs Google or reading text only ( no links / reference ) manuals.
So - any owner of 2445 can tell me where / how to select vertical "Volts/Div" setting for CH 3 and CH 4?
I can read the calibrator on CH3 OK , just cannot figure out how to set the vertical setting for it.
Thanks

TomC

The channel 3 and 4 volts/div for the 2445 can be anything you want as long as you want 0.5 volts/div or 0.1 volts/div. It is selected by a pair of push buttons, one for each channel, between the channel 3 and 4 vertical position controls.

Tom

On 11/9/2019 6:36 PM, vaclav_sal via Groups.Io wrote:
Just adjured 2445 scope and trying to get familiar with the controls.
Not having much luck asking Mrs Google or reading text only ( no links / reference ) manuals.
So - any owner of 2445 can tell me where / how to select vertical "Volts/Div" setting for CH 3 and CH 4?
I can read the calibrator on CH3 OK , just cannot figure out how to set the vertical setting for it.
Thanks

Chuck Harris

I prefer to think of channels 3 and 4 as external trigger inputs
with full waveform display... because that is what they really are.

-Chuck Harris

TomC wrote:

The channel 3 and 4 volts/div for the 2445 can be anything you want as long as you
want 0.5 volts/div or 0.1 volts/div. It is selected by a pair of push buttons, one
for each channel, between the channel 3 and 4 vertical position controls.

Tom

On 11/9/2019 6:36 PM, vaclav_sal via Groups.Io wrote:
Just adjured 2445 scope and trying to get familiar with the controls.
Not having much luck asking Mrs Google or reading text only ( no links /
reference ) manuals.
So - any owner of 2445 can tell me where / how to select vertical "Volts/Div"
setting for CH 3 and CH 4?
I can read the calibrator on CH3 OK , just cannot figure out how to set the
vertical setting for it.
Thanks

Tom Gardner

On 10/11/19 02:36, vaclav_sal via Groups.Io wrote:
Just adjured 2445 scope and trying to get familiar with the controls.
Not having much luck asking Mrs Google or reading text only ( no links / reference ) manuals.
So - any owner of 2445 can tell me where / how to select vertical "Volts/Div" setting for CH 3 and CH 4?
I can read the calibrator on CH3 OK , just cannot figure out how to set the vertical setting for it.
Thanks
Most Good Things are available on the w140 TekWiki, in this case
http://w140.com/tekwiki/images/2/2b/070-6167-00.pdf
Figure 3.3

I regard them as mainly useful for "digital signals" (i.e. a very crude MSO :) ) or as external triggers.

GerryR <totalautomation1@...>

You only have two choices, 0.5 V per division and 0.1 V per division by the two small button / switches beside the position controls. Of course, with a 10X probe, you can multiply that. Besides good trigger channels, they are good logic channels.
GerryR
KK4GER

On 10/11/19 02:36, vaclav_sal via Groups.Io wrote:
Just adjured 2445 scope and trying to get familiar with the controls.
Not having much luck asking Mrs Google or reading text only ( no links / reference ) manuals.
So - any owner of 2445 can tell me where / how to select vertical "Volts/Div" setting for CH 3 and CH 4?
I can read the calibrator on CH3 OK , just cannot figure out how to set the vertical setting for it.
Thanks
Most Good Things are available on the w140 TekWiki, in this case
http://w140.com/tekwiki/images/2/2b/070-6167-00.pdf
Figure 3.3

I regard them as mainly useful for "digital signals" (i.e. a very crude MSO :) ) or as external triggers.

vaclav_sal

Thanks,I sort-of figured that out by myself late at night.I was using calibrator as a source and that of course is of fixed level.Basically these channels could be used to read 5V logic signals.
But the selection buttons seems to work on botch channels , not on individual channel.That is OK.

Right now I have some kind of vertical magnifier selected since the display on the CRT actually read 1 or 5  volts.I need to find free PDF manual.
Thanks

On Saturday, November 9, 2019, 9:51:53 PM CST, TomC <tomc@...> wrote:

The channel 3 and 4 volts/div for the 2445 can be anything you want as long as
you want 0.5 volts/div or 0.1 volts/div. It is selected by a pair of push
buttons, one for each channel, between the channel 3 and 4 vertical position
controls.

Tom

On 11/9/2019 6:36 PM, vaclav_sal via Groups.Io wrote:
Just adjured 2445 scope and trying to get familiar with the controls.
Not having much luck asking Mrs Google or reading text only  ( no links / reference  ) manuals.
So - any owner of 2445 can tell me  where / how to  select vertical "Volts/Div" setting for CH 3 and CH 4?
I can read the calibrator on CH3 OK , just cannot figure out how to set the vertical setting for it.
Thanks

vaclav_sal

Note to myself

do not feed Gremlins after midnight and do not post anything late at nigh also
Just ACQUIRED (was adjured ) 2445 scope and trying to get familiar with the controls.

Vaclav

Chuck Harris

A free pdf file can be found on the BAMA site. You can find it by using
your favorite search engine.

Do you have real probes on those inputs? 10x probes have a resistor that
will identify the attenuation factor to the scope, and the scope will change
its scale readings to be 10x.

There is one selection button for each channel. If pressing one button causes
both channels to change their attenuation, you have a CPU board problem.

-Chuck Harris