Topics

500-Series Cabinet Latch

Jason A.

Hello all - I was wondering if anyone in the group had any spare 500-series cabinet latch parts or knows where to get one? I have everything but the plastic latch nut. As far as I know the 500-series classic scopes are all pretty similar with regard to these. They look pretty identical on my 502, 503, 535A and 547. I'm looking for a 502 side-panel latch nut specifically if there are differences I am not clued in on.

Thanks and best regards,

Jason

Chuck Harris

I have a bag of 214-057-00's.

Bear in mind that the latches changed over the years.

For example, some have domed screws with flat slots, and
others have flat head screws with coin slots.

-Chuck Harris

Jason A. via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello all - I was wondering if anyone in the group had any spare 500-series cabinet latch parts or knows where to get one? I have everything but the plastic latch nut. As far as I know the 500-series classic scopes are all pretty similar with regard to these. They look pretty identical on my 502, 503, 535A and 547. I'm looking for a 502 side-panel latch nut specifically if there are differences I am not clued in on.

Thanks and best regards,

Jason

Jason A.

Thanks Chuck - It figures it wouldn't be as easy as I hoped. These appear to be domed with flat slots.

Thanks and best regards,

Jason

Jason A.

Hi again Chuck - It just occurred to me that 214-0057-00 is probably the same as 214-057-00? If so and you'd be willing to part with it, how much do you want?

Thanks again and best regards,

Jason

Chuck Harris

Hi Jason, yes, they are the same... I probably added in the
extra zero What I have has a domed head screw with a flat slot,
and a small white plastic nut/latch.

Send me an address by email.

-Chuck Harris