Topics

4-pin Lemo connector used on end of cable for 4041 PD keyboard


Gary Robert Bosworth
 

I need to purchase the connector used on the end of the cable of the PD keyboard that attaches to the front panel of the 4041. It looks like a 4-pin LEMO round silver connector. I cannot find this part listed even on the keyboard's manual listings.


 

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 12:38 AM, Gary Robert Bosworth wrote:


I need to purchase the connector used on the end of the cable of the PD
keyboard that attaches to the front panel of the 4041. It looks like a 4-pin
LEMO round silver connector. I cannot find this part listed even on the
keyboard's manual listings.
If it's the same as the power connector for FET probes, I probably have one for you, could be NOS. Also, if its diameter is bigger than the FET-ones.
I have a 4041 in the lab and will be there on Monday and check 4041 and plug availability. Remind me Tuesday if I don't respond with details if I forget - and if you want.
Would have to be shipped from the Netherlands, price to be determined but not ridiculous: make me an offer if we get there.

Raymond


Gary Robert Bosworth
 

Raymond: Thank you for all the trouble you are going thru. If the
connector is the correct one (it is only about 5/16" diameter with a
"D"-shaped 4-pin insulator inside), name your price and I will pay through
any means you desire. I will contact you in a day or so to remind you of
my needs. Bye for now.

Gary

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 3:54 PM Raymond Domp Frank <@Raymond>
wrote:

On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 12:38 AM, Gary Robert Bosworth wrote:


I need to purchase the connector used on the end of the cable of the PD
keyboard that attaches to the front panel of the 4041. It looks like a
4-pin
LEMO round silver connector. I cannot find this part listed even on the
keyboard's manual listings.
If it's the same as the power connector for FET probes, I probably have
one for you, could be NOS. Also, if its diameter is bigger than the
FET-ones.
I have a 4041 in the lab and will be there on Monday and check 4041 and
plug availability. Remind me Tuesday if I don't respond with details if I
forget - and if you want.
Would have to be shipped from the Netherlands, price to be determined but
not ridiculous: make me an offer if we get there.

Raymond



--
Gary Robert Bosworth
@grbosworth
Tel: 310-317-2247


 

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 06:04 PM, Gary Robert Bosworth wrote:


If the
connector is the correct one (it is only about 5/16" diameter with a
"D"-shaped 4-pin insulator inside), name your price and I will pay through
any means you desire. I will contact you in a day or so to remind you of
my needs. Bye for now.
Hi Gary,
I checked. It is indeed the connector that I thought. It is the same Tek used for the power supply connection of probes like the P6201 and P6202A. You'll find the same sockets on 'scopes like the 7104, 7854, 7904(A). It is Tek part no. 131-0778-00. The 1101 PSU has four sockets for them.

I checked and double-checked the Lemo part no: FFA.0S.304.CLAC42. Digikey (USA) currently has 5 in stock @ a lot of money, something like USD 30.

I have only a few left (as sets with sockets, actually, have a few more sockets and counter-plugs) and sending from the Netherlands may be costly, maybe about (half) as much as the Digikey price. That would leave little left for me if I'd want to "compete".

Have a look and if you still want me to send one (Digikey total cost, order cost), let me know your ZIP code, I'll check postal costs and we can go from there.

Raymond


Gary Robert Bosworth
 

Raymond: I only need 1 Lemo 4-pin plug. How much would it cost me to have
you send me one? How would I pay for it? Here is my address:

Gary Bosworth
139 E. Shrode Street
Monrovia, CA 91016

Cellphone: 626-803-8336
e-mail: @grbosworth


On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 10:09 AM Raymond Domp Frank <@Raymond>
wrote:

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 06:04 PM, Gary Robert Bosworth wrote:


If the
connector is the correct one (it is only about 5/16" diameter with a
"D"-shaped 4-pin insulator inside), name your price and I will pay
through
any means you desire. I will contact you in a day or so to remind you of
my needs. Bye for now.
Hi Gary,
I checked. It is indeed the connector that I thought. It is the same Tek
used for the power supply connection of probes like the P6201 and P6202A.
You'll find the same sockets on 'scopes like the 7104, 7854, 7904(A). It is
Tek part no. 131-0778-00. The 1101 PSU has four sockets for them.

I checked and double-checked the Lemo part no: FFA.0S.304.CLAC42. Digikey
(USA) currently has 5 in stock @ a lot of money, something like USD 30.

I have only a few left (as sets with sockets, actually, have a few more
sockets and counter-plugs) and sending from the Netherlands may be costly,
maybe about (half) as much as the Digikey price. That would leave little
left for me if I'd want to "compete".

Have a look and if you still want me to send one (Digikey total cost,
order cost), let me know your ZIP code, I'll check postal costs and we can
go from there.

Raymond



--
Gary Robert Bosworth
@grbosworth
Tel: 310-317-2247