From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of
radioconnection@...
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 6:25 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] 497P frequency counter question? How to turn on?

I think the dip switches are set to enable the frequency counter option in 497P,
but I do not have a clue as to how to tell whether it is working or not. What
push button enables the counter on the 497P front panel, and what should I see
when and if the counter is really enabled? I've never seen a function not
defined error while randomly trying to figure out what does what.

Pete

radioconnection@...

B0202199

Looks like most parts are late 1990 date codes.

radioconnection@...

Well, two odd things. The switches are set for a 497P. I didn't fully understand how the counter works. It apparently is enabled in this particular 497P, regardless of the fact that the switches are set for the correct model.

Steve Wiseman

On Thu, 23 May 2019 at 11:45, <radioconnection@...> wrote:

Well, two odd things. The switches are set for a 497P. I didn't fully
understand how the counter works. It apparently is enabled in this
particular 497P, regardless of the fact that the switches are set for the
correct model.
Bear in mind that the DIP-switches may well not actually work. Despite you
moving the lever, the metal gubbins inside may not move. This can become
confusing when debugging - check voltages, rather than relying on switch
positions.

Steve-the-bitter.