492BP fuzzy trace on left side of crt - any ideas on what to look for?

Edward Prest

The left side is a bit out of focus compared to the center and right side. I have read most of v1 of the service manuals and I don't see anything on this.

Any ideas? CRT maybe? It's a well used SA with minor phosphor burn in.

Edward Prest

Nobody figured this out yet?

It was just a dirty explosion shield. The shield was stuck to the CRT glass and I originally thought that it was the CRT.

ChuckA

A couple years ago I bought an HP 8753B Network Analyzer with test set that was cheap (under $400) as it was listed not working, bad CRT. I took a chance on it. Got it home and just had to clean the black soot off the face of the CRT, CRT was bright and sharp, everything worked perfectly.

Chuck

On 10/19/2021 3:58 PM, Edward Prest wrote:

It was just a dirty explosion shield. The shield was stuck to the CRT glass and I originally thought that it was the CRT.

--
See Early TV at:

www.myvintagetv.com

Tom Lee

A happy ending, for sure.

I was going to suggest looking at it with one eye at a time to see if that made a difference. ;)

--Cheers,
Tom

--
Prof. Thomas H. Lee
Allen Ctr., Rm. 205
350 Jane Stanford Way
Stanford University
Stanford, CA 94305-4070
http://www-smirc.stanford.edu

On 10/19/2021 12:58, Edward Prest wrote:

Jim Ford

Great find, Chuck!  I'm envious.    Jim FordSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: ChuckA <chuck@myvintagetv.com> Date: 10/19/21 1:34 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 492BP fuzzy trace on left side of crt - any ideas on what to look for? A couple years ago I bought an HP 8753B Network Analyzer with test set that was cheap (under $400) as it was listed not working, bad CRT. I took a chance on it. Got it home and just had to clean the black soot off the face of the CRT, CRT was bright and sharp, everything worked perfectly.ChuckOn 10/19/2021 3:58 PM, Edward Prest wrote:> Nobody figured this out yet?>> It was just a dirty explosion shield. The shield was stuck to the CRT glass and I originally thought that it was the CRT.>>-- See Early TV at:www.myvintagetv.com