492BP fuzzy trace on left side of crt - any ideas on what to look for?

Edward Prest

The left side is a bit out of focus compared to the center and right side. I have read most of v1 of the service manuals and I don't see anything on this.

Any ideas? CRT maybe? It's a well used SA with minor phosphor burn in.

Edward Prest

Nobody figured this out yet?

It was just a dirty explosion shield. The shield was stuck to the CRT glass and I originally thought that it was the CRT.

ChuckA

A couple years ago I bought an HP 8753B Network Analyzer with test set that was cheap (under $400) as it was listed not working, bad CRT. I took a chance on it. Got it home and just had to clean the black soot off the face of the CRT, CRT was bright and sharp, everything worked perfectly.

Chuck

--
See Early TV at:

www.myvintagetv.com

Tom Lee

A happy ending, for sure.

I was going to suggest looking at it with one eye at a time to see if that made a difference. ;)

--Cheers,
Tom

--
Prof. Thomas H. Lee
Allen Ctr., Rm. 205

On 10/19/2021 12:58, Edward Prest wrote:
Nobody figured this out yet?

It was just a dirty explosion shield. The shield was stuck to the CRT glass and I originally thought that it was the CRT.

Jim Ford

Great find, Chuck!  I'm envious.    Jim FordSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: ChuckA <chuck@myvintagetv.com> Date: 10/19/21 1:34 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 492BP fuzzy trace on left side of crt - any ideas on what to look for? A couple years ago I bought an HP 8753B Network Analyzer with test set that was cheap (under $400) as it was listed not working, bad CRT. I took a chance on it. Got it home and just had to clean the black soot off the face of the CRT, CRT was bright and sharp, everything worked perfectly.ChuckOn 10/19/2021 3:58 PM, Edward Prest wrote:> Nobody figured this out yet?>> It was just a dirty explosion shield. The shield was stuck to the CRT glass and I originally thought that it was the CRT.>>-- See Early TV at:www.myvintagetv.com