475 Probe Power Connector

DaveH52

I have a 475 with the DM-44. Does anyone know where I can find the probe side of the probe power connector?
Dave

If you are talking about the probe power connectors on the back of the scope, which are commonly used to power a P6201 or P6202 FET probe, then they are LEMO S-series male connectors. Here is the TekWiki link https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/LEMO_S-series_connector

The connectors can be had from Mouser (or other electronics supply houses) but are pricey (upwards of $50 each), so you are almost better off buying used P6201 or P6202 as a parts. A quick search on the Auction Site Who Shall Not Be Named for LEMO FFA.0S.304 shows a bunch of hits, some at surprisingly reasonable prices (one listing for $17 each, free shipping, from China).

-- Jeff Dutky

SCMenasian

Dave,

I have some (genuine - not Chinese) LEMO FFA.OS.304.CLAC32Z connectors which I intend to use for temperature probes. These differ from the part specified by Tektronix in the diameter of the collet (the "32" near the end of the part number); I believe the Tektronix speified part has a collet diameter in the low 40s range. The cable diameter, therefore should be in the 3.2 mm range for my connectors. I am willing to part with some for $15+$12 for each additional one in the same shipment (free domestic USPS shipping).

If interested, use private message.

Stephen Menasian

Colin Herbert

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion, Jeff, but the LEMO-connectors on the scope are fine (as far as I can tell) and I don't need any replacements. I might just well go for the bridge RS404GL suggested by Michael. I might even look at the two 466 parts-donor scopes to see if I can source a suitable bridge (I haven't looked at them yet, but the Service Manual suggests that there are three of them present). However, I do have a bridge that _might_ fit the purpose; it is an RS 262-129 which has the same pin-spacing by the look of it. Unfortunately, this bridge is discontinued and I can't find any info on it apart from the fact that it is 800V, 4A.

I think I might look at removing the A8 board. It doesn't look _too_ much of a hassle and it will certainly allow me to take a closer look at the capacitor soldering, which doesn't look clever at all. A peruse of the Service Manual might provide dividends..

I must also look at the other voltages on the -15 VDC board to check that they are OK.

All of this just for a -50 VDC supply that is only of use for the FET probe. Hmmm....

Colin.

If you are talking about the probe power connectors on the back of the scope, which are commonly used to power a P6201 or P6202 FET probe, then they are LEMO S-series male connectors. Here is the TekWiki link https://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/LEMO_S-series_connector

The connectors can be had from Mouser (or other electronics supply houses) but are pricey (upwards of $50 each), so you are almost better off buying used P6201 or P6202 as a parts. A quick search on the Auction Site Who Shall Not Be Named for LEMO FFA.0S.304 shows a bunch of hits, some at surprisingly reasonable prices (one listing for $17 each, free shipping, from China).

-- Jeff Dutky

Colin,

Oh, I wasn't clear in my reply, but the FFA.0S.304.CLAC42 is the cable end connector that plugs into the power ports on the back of the 475 and some 7000-series scopes. The socket connectors on the scope are configuration number ERA.0S.304.CLL, all of which is detailed on the TekWiki page.

-- Jeff Dutky

John Griessen

On 10/12/21 11:47 AM, Jeff Dutky wrote:
Oh, I wasn't clear in my reply, but the FFA.0S.304.CLAC42 is the cable end connector that plugs into the power ports on the back of the 475 and some 7000-series scopes.
If this is about probe power 7xxx, then there is a Chinese Aliexpress supplier that has Lemo clones that mate well with original Lemo connectors. I can dig up my ole info if interested. They were about $10/connector 2 yrs ago.