Topics

475 - Looking for A4 board/#38 switch assembly

widgethunter

Looking for A4 board/#38 switch assembly!!My 'new' 475 is suffering from stuck vertical mode switches.
CH1 and CH2 buttons are depressed and will not de-latch.ALT, ADD, CHOP buttons are out and will not depress past the latching mechanism.Feels like the latch is obstructed. I can just reach the back of the switches and have applied some Deoxit to each.The buttons feel free, save the busted latch.This has to be the deepest part of that side of the scope
If I have to dig it out, I would like to have a replacement on hand, so the scope doesn't stay apart any longer than absolutely necessary.
Thanks, in advance.

Dave Peterson

For reference check out the photo album: https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/album?id=257214

This was for a trigger switch on A7, but the mechanism is the same. I found one switch with a broken internal push button. This may or may not be related to what you're experiencing.

The nice thing was that the switch was able to be disassembled to replace components, as opposed to having to dismount it from the board or replacing the whole board.

Best of luck!

Dave

widgethunter

Thank you - I expect to find exactly the same condition, here.