465 Capacitor C1534

Bill

On the Interface PCB Board A9 there is a small electrolytic capacitor (C1534) 3uf 150 volt, I found that had leaked onto the PCB. No damage done since I found it before that happened. You all may want to check your scope out just to be sure.

Bill

Dave Peterson

You mean like this?

https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/258720/3151287?p=Name,,,20,0,0,0

I replaced it with https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/75-30D405G100BA5A

It was quite the #$%&. The corrosion had destroyed the trace/pad. I was able to fashion one from copper tape I had gotten off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JNJCNVT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mass quantity for $10 that I'll never go through. After a few tries I got the solder to flow and all looks well. I have after pictures, but not at hand. Very satisfying to get that ugliness cleaned up.

Dave

On Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 08:38:13 AM PDT, Bill via groups.io <ko4nrbs=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

On the Interface PCB Board A9 there is a small electrolytic capacitor (C1534) 3uf 150 volt, I found that had leaked onto the PCB.  No damage done since I found it before that happened.  You all may want to check your scope out just to be sure.

Bill

Bill

That is ugly!!

Thankfully mine hadn't caused any significant damage.
Bill