454 HV transformer

michel soldevila

Hello,
I own 2 "type 454" scopes togetre with a "type 491" spectrum analyser. The high voltage transformer (T1430) of one of the scopes is dead.
Who could tell me where to find one, and at what cost? An important detail: I live in France.
Regards
Mike (F1GOC)

Joel B Walker

The 454 HV transformer part number is 120-0471-00. None on eBay, none at Qservice, and not listed at Sphere. You might want to email Walter Shawlee at Sphere and see if he has one that isn't listed. He is a member here.

Paul Amaranth

You sure it's the transformer?

I had the 2n3055 go bad in the HV oscillator when I was restoring a 454.
They don't build those transistors like they used to and not all of them
will work in the circuit. I had to sort through my pile to find one
that worked.

Paul

toby@...

On 2021-02-21 4:34 p.m., Paul Amaranth wrote:
You sure it's the transformer?

I had the 2n3055 go bad in the HV oscillator when I was restoring a 454.
They don't build those transistors like they used to and not all of them
The original recipe 2N3055 is something Walter _does_ have in stock...

https://www.sphere.bc.ca/test/stuffday.html#powersemis

--Toby