Topics

3 Books still sitting in USPS NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTERS

This book has been in the PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER since
Jan 8 and it hasn't moved.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002722853, Bryn Mawr PA 19010

These two books are still in the SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
since I mailed them on Jan 2.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723034, Wichita, KS 67212
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723140, Reno, NV 89511

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Vince Vielhaber

Philly and Pittsburgh are both running really slow. I have a couple hanging out there since the 7th. 6 days to get from Pitt to Philly then nothing. I had one package there since December that finally broke loose and finally arrived at the dest post office today, and it was a first class pkg.

Vince.

On 01/19/2021 12:19 AM, Dennis Tillman W7pF wrote:
This book has been in the PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER since
Jan 8 and it hasn't moved.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002722853, Bryn Mawr PA 19010

These two books are still in the SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
since I mailed them on Jan 2.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723034, Wichita, KS 67212
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723140, Reno, NV 89511

Dennis Tillman W7pF

WCOFFIN1@...

the postal system has been trashed to some degree, many of their high speed
sorters were taken out of service last year, I didn't get my utility bill
here until after it was due this time.
The usps uses a priority system when loading shipments within their system
and "media mail" are lowest priority (and the lowest cost) so they will sit
and wait until most of the others of are shipped out.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 12:20 AM Dennis Tillman W7pF <dennis@ridesoft.com>
wrote:

This book has been in the PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER since
Jan 8 and it hasn't moved.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002722853, Bryn Mawr PA 19010

These two books are still in the SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
since I mailed them on Jan 2.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723034, Wichita, KS 67212
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723140, Reno, NV 89511

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Michael A. Terrell

Weren't the machines that they retired from the first generation, that were
installed 30 years ago? I remember them being installed in Central Florida
at that time. We got frantic phone calls from the sorting center looking
for some very specific trim pots to repair the brand new machines before
they could be pressed into service. That generation of machines was always
problematic, and should have been replaced years ago. I was working forr a
resource recovery business who wholesaled surplus parts and equipment to
the area's surplus dealers. Some of the components were already EOL, when
the machines were built.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 7:29 PM <WCOFFIN1@gmail.com> wrote:

the postal system has been trashed to some degree, many of their high speed
sorters were taken out of service last year, I didn't get my utility bill
here until after it was due this time.
The usps uses a priority system when loading shipments within their system
and "media mail" are lowest priority (and the lowest cost) so they will sit
and wait until most of the others of are shipped out.

<
Virus-free.
<

wrote:

This book has been in the PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
since
Jan 8 and it hasn't moved.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002722853, Bryn Mawr PA 19010

These two books are still in the SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
since I mailed them on Jan 2.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723034, Wichita, KS 67212
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723140, Reno, NV 89511

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Jean-Paul

Dennis I just received 20 January a small ebay USPS package sent December 8

So from from FL to California 6 weeks.

It had the same situation of being stuck in a distribution center.

Only after a complaint and open a trace December 18 was it finally found and released.

If you go the the locals Post office they may start the process

Jon

Chuck Harris

They were. We received most of the service's first generation
letter sorters as scrap 10 years ago. I loved the 2 inch thick
aluminum plates they used as their chassis... 200 lbs of aluminum!

Packages are handled in a totally different manner, and are the
post office's first priority, as packages are where they make
most of their money.

More likely, the hold up is due to the postal service being forbidden
from using overtime. There was quite an overtime fraud racket going
on in the postal service. Workers were charging 12 to 16 hour days,
6 days per week. They were making more in overtime than their regular
wages. I think the stoppages are more of a union protest thing.

-Chuck Harris

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Weren't the machines that they retired from the first generation, that were
installed 30 years ago? I remember them being installed in Central Florida
at that time. We got frantic phone calls from the sorting center looking
for some very specific trim pots to repair the brand new machines before
they could be pressed into service. That generation of machines was always
problematic, and should have been replaced years ago. I was working forr a
resource recovery business who wholesaled surplus parts and equipment to
the area's surplus dealers. Some of the components were already EOL, when
the machines were built.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 7:29 PM <WCOFFIN1@gmail.com> wrote:

kim.herron@sbcglobal.net

I work for USPS. The machines that were taken out of
service, in many cases, are machines that were slated to
be retired 5 to 8 years ago. They've been setting in plants
unused and slated for disposal for a while. There is one
whole plant in Kalamazoo that's been setting unused for
at least 5 years.
The short story is that between the virus issues and
upper management not permitting the hiring of temp
workers and paying extra for full time employees to get
stuff done, they can't get stuff moved. There are
THOUSANDS of semi-trailers all over the country with
mail setting in them
that isn't being sorted and moved. It varies around the
country. It's not the machinery that's the issue. It's that
there isn't enough people and money to get the job done.
IF you are sending ANYTHING through USPS, it needs to
be Priority, Express, or registered. Anything else is a
crap shoot. I've been using FEDEX to things shipped
because they at least are hiring people and their costs
are not as high as UPS.

On 21 Jan 2021 at 5:12, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

[...]

_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon
Virus-free.
<
_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link

wrote:

This book has been in the PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION
CENTER
since
Jan 8 and it hasn't moved.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002722853, Bryn Mawr PA 19010

These two books are still in the SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION
CENTER
since I mailed them on Jan 2.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723034, Wichita, KS 67212
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723140, Reno, NV 89511

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Kim Herron W8ZV
kim.herron@sbcglobal.net
1-616-677-3706

stevenhorii

We have been severely affected by the postal slowdown. As has been noted,
PA has had it’s share of workers out because of COVID-19 either infected or
in quarantine. It is not that USPS is not trying - we now get our mail as
late as 7:00 PM or later, so at least the carriers are putting in long
hours (or their shifts have been moved around). The distribution center
here is busy since it is adjacent to the Philadelphia International Airport
and handles a large volume of mail coming in by air from outside the US.

Priority mail helps somewhat, but I paid for the 2-day service and it took
three weeks to get from Philadelphia to Springboro, Ohio (near Dayton).

I am just being patient.

Steve Horii

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021, 00:20 Dennis Tillman W7pF <dennis@ridesoft.com> wrote:

This book has been in the PHILADELPHIA PA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER since
Jan 8 and it hasn't moved.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002722853, Bryn Mawr PA 19010

These two books are still in the SEATTLE WA NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
since I mailed them on Jan 2.
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723034, Wichita, KS 67212
Tracking #: 9549016335941002723140, Reno, NV 89511

Dennis Tillman W7pF

Michael A. Terrell

Good luck with Fedex. They keep leaving my stuff at the wrong address. One
package was lost for over six months. The irony is that that package was
new hard drives for my video surveillance system.