Topics

MR501 photo album uploaded

I just added some initial photos showing the before and after of the MR501 converted to a curve tracer. works very well, now I just have to re-do the faceplate. The album is called:
MR501/SC501 conversion to "Huntron Tacker".
The schematic IS INCLUDED! I left the horizontal gain pot installed, so the display can be sized right as the range switch is changed. the vertical gain pot is removed, and will get set for nominal full scale deflection.

I think I may add a 10V zener on a switch across the test port, so I can cal the graticule for 1V/div, allowing it to accurately check low voltage zeners (10 divisions on the faceplate). this was one of the already modded MR501's used in some kind of receiver, as shown on the W140 site, mine said SC501 on the faceplate, but was really an MR501 inside. The mod can be done to an SC501 as easily.

more to follow once I get the front finished. This will certainly be more use to me than the raw plug in was.
you could also just add these few parts to a blank plugin (wired to the floating 25V winding), and jumper it to an existing SC502-504 scope, works fine either way. it's a quick project.
all the best,
walter (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)
sphere research corp.

Walter:
Could you provide a url to the on-line photo(s)? I looked at w140.com, and on the Tekscopes groups.io site, but I couldn't locate it/them. Although it's probably staring me in the face as I type.

Thanks!
Mike Dinolfo N4MWP

the album is here:
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/album?id=93348
currently the first album in our photo section, so it should have been easy to find...

-walter

--
Walter Shawlee 2
Sphere Research Corp. 3394 Sunnyside Rd.
West Kelowna, BC, V1Z 2V4 CANADA
Phone: +1 (250-769-1834 -:- http://www.sphere.bc.ca
+We're all in one boat, no matter how it looks to you. (WS2)
+All you need is love. (John Lennon)
+But, that doesn't mean other things don't come in handy. (WS2)
+Nature is trying very hard to make us succeed, but nature does not depend on us.
We are not the only experiment. (R. Buckminster Fuller)

Mlynch001

Nice! Now if I can only find one of these rare plug-ins for my TM506. I like projects like this, even though I probably would not use this too much.

Thanks Walter!

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Glydeck

Walter,

Nicely done! Thank you for sharing.

George KD6NEW

On Jul 22, 2019, at 10:39 AM, Mike Dinolfo <@mdinolfo> wrote:

Walter:
Could you provide a url to the on-line photo(s)? I looked at w140.com, and on the Tekscopes groups.io site, but I couldn't locate it/them. Although it's probably staring me in the face as I type.

Thanks!
Mike Dinolfo N4MWP