Can please somebody confirm (or deny) that the battery holding the calibration data of a first series 2465B is a CR2032 ?

Thanks.
--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*
<<< http://www.weaksignals.com >>>/

Bob Koller

Nope, the 2465B has a Dallas chip.

Alberto I2PHD

On 2019-05-31 17:45, Bob Koller via Groups.Io wrote:

Nope, the 2465B has a Dallas chip.
I think that is true for the second series, those with SN >= B050000
Mine has a SN = B012133, and as such it has a battery and cmos ram setup.

My question is if that battery is a CR2032 or different.

--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*
<<< http://www.weaksignals.com >>>/

Bob Koller

You are correct, that the SMD control boards B05+, have the Dallas chip. The earlier boards, and the 2465A, use a Keeper LTC-7P battery. These are virtually never bad, I don't think I have had to replace more than one or two, in the many dozens of scope I have repaired over the years. You can of course replace if you want, but would loose the cal constants unless you tag another battery with current limit resistor across whilst swapping. I have done this many times with other instruments.

Tony Fleming

Does mine 2465DMS have also a battery? Where is it? Thanks.

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 11:23 AM Bob Koller via Groups.Io <testtech=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

You are correct, that the SMD control boards B05+, have the Dallas chip.
The earlier boards, and the 2465A, use a Keeper LTC-7P battery. These are
virtually never bad, I don't think I have had to replace more than one or
two, in the many dozens of scope I have repaired over the years. You can of
course replace if you want, but would loose the cal constants unless you
tag another battery with current limit resistor across whilst swapping. I
have done this many times with other instruments.

Chuck Harris

No, it is not a CR2032. It is a 0.6" DIP format battery
that is made by Eagle-Pitcher. It can be had from OSI,
and typically costs $16.

In a pinch, you can install a wire leaded Tadrian 1/2 AA
size lithium cell in its place, though it comes a little
close to the case.

-Chuck Harris

On 2019-05-31 17:45, Bob Koller via Groups.Io wrote:

Nope, the 2465B has a Dallas chip.
I think that is true for the second series, those with SN >= B050000
Mine has a SN = B012133, and as such it has a battery and cmos ram setup.

My question is if that battery is a CR2032 or different.

Bob Koller

The 24x5(no suffix) instruments do not have a battery, they use an EAROM chip.

Chuck Harris

If you have a real 2465 DMS, no, it uses an EAROM.

If you have a 2465A DMS, or a 2465B DMS, it has either
a LTC-7P cell, or a Dallas NVRAM.

All you have to do is look at the right side of the
scope, where the A5 controller card lives. You will
either see a Dallas NVRAM in its large black epoxy
DIP package, or you will see a battery in a large black
plastic DIP package... or, if a 2465, you will see nothing.

-Chuck Harris

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

You are correct, that the SMD control boards B05+, have the Dallas chip.
The earlier boards, and the 2465A, use a Keeper LTC-7P battery. These are
virtually never bad, I don't think I have had to replace more than one or
two, in the many dozens of scope I have repaired over the years. You can of
course replace if you want, but would loose the cal constants unless you
tag another battery with current limit resistor across whilst swapping. I
have done this many times with other instruments.

Mark Schutzer

The battery is part of a Dallas chip part number DS1225Y and this is a non volatile SRAM chip.

It’s a 28 pin dip part that is soldered into the board. To replace you need to unsolder the part, use a suitable programmer to read out the contents and copy the data into the new part. It’s also a good idea to add a socket to the board for future replacements.