Topics

2715 frequency counter problem

Jeff Woolsey

What with all this talk about frequency counters in spectrum analyzers,
it's probably time to address the problem my 2715 is having.

I find I can no longer count the center frequency, failing with

FREQ NORM SUGGESTED (1ST LO)

and when I try to do the reference frequency normalization
[UTIL][5][5][1][1] with an external 10MHz, that fails as well.  Trying
to use last norm or default values doesn't "fail", but I still can't
count center frequencies.  This used to work.

Running a full normalization finishes (eventually), but doesn't cure the
problem either. REF FREQ NORM still FAILed.

Advice?

--
Jeff Woolsey {{woolsey,jlw}@jlw,first.last@{gmail,jlw}}.com
Nature abhors straight antennas, clean lenses, and empty storage.