Tektronix 2465 DMS, P6407 and computer software - I'm also looking for any documentation, video on how to use it

Tony Fleming

I have Tektronix 2465 DMS, with DMM and options #: 01, 09, 10, GPIB connector.
Someone is sending me the P6407 and should arrive by next week, so right now I do not have it in my possession.
Does anyone knows or have the computer software for my scope?
Do I need both P6407 and cable GPIB to PC?
Are there any cables that are made for my scope, or are the GPIB cables same, as long as there is GPIB , for most/all scopes?
I also would like to see a video how to use these options. For now I did not find anything about it on YouTube.com or the Google search.
Thank you all!
Tony

Sean Turner

Hi Tony,

I don't know the specifics for using a 2465 with GPIB, but I do have my eye on the National Instruments GPIB -> USB adapter to use with my HP spectrum analyzers. The one linked below supports up to 14 GPIB instruments from one USB connection. https://www.ni.com/en-us/support/model.gpib-usb-hs.html

Sean

Tony Fleming

Thank you Sean for your information!
Did Tektronix made the software or the just used NI?
Have a great day!
Tony

On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 10:23 AM, Tony Fleming wrote:

Thank you Sean for your information!
Did Tektronix made the software or the just used NI?
Have a great day!
Tony
I don't know if there is any Tektronix software. Perhaps someone else will be able to answer that. I do know that you'll probably need NI's drivers at the very least. For HP gear, there is John Mile's (KE5FX) GPIB toolkit. http://www.ke5fx.com/gpib/readme.htm

Perhaps something similar exists for Tek gear?