From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dick
Sent: 14 March 2021 16:44
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] 308 Data Analyzer

In my 5 year purge of deep storage I came across a Model 308
Data Analyzer. It seems to have all the cables and manual and
does turn on.

Is this of any use in todays world or should I just recycle it ?

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

Paul Amaranth

Do NOT recycle it!

It's a useful 8 bit logic analyzer along with a signature analyzer.

With all the cables you should be able to get $75-100 for it, give
or take.

Signature analyzers have been going up in price in the last
couple years.

Somebody's going to want it.

Paul

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 04:44:19PM +0000, Dick wrote:
In my 5 year purge of deep storage I came across a Model 308
Data Analyzer. It seems to have all the cables and manual and
does turn on.

Is this of any use in todays world or should I just recycle it ?

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

!DSPAM:604e3d77221071127818502!

Dick

OK, you talked me into keeping it. Back on the shelf it goes.

Thanks for replying,

Dick, W1KSZ
________________________________
It's a useful 8 bit logic analyzer along with a signature analyzer.

With all the cables you should be able to get $75-100 for it, give
or take.

Signature analyzers have been going up in price in the last
couple years.

Somebody's going to want it.

Paul

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 04:44:19PM +0000, Dick wrote:
In my 5 year purge of deep storage I came across a Model 308
Data Analyzer. It seems to have all the cables and manual and
does turn on.

Is this of any use in todays world or should I just recycle it ?

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

!DSPAM:604e3d77221071127818502!

stevenhorii

I know that HP (sorry!) uses signature analysis for troubleshooting some of
their computing counters. Does Tek specify signature analysis for
troubleshooting of their scopes with digital processing and control?

Steve Horii

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 12:44 Dick <w1ksz@outlook.com> wrote:

In my 5 year purge of deep storage I came across a Model 308
Data Analyzer. It seems to have all the cables and manual and
does turn on.

Is this of any use in todays world or should I just recycle it ?

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

Harvey White

I don't know about the scopes, but the TM500 (some) and the TM5000 series modules generally have a signature analysis section.  IIRC, so do some pieces of HP equipment of the time.

Harvey

On 3/14/2021 1:51 PM, stevenhorii wrote:
I know that HP (sorry!) uses signature analysis for troubleshooting some of
their computing counters. Does Tek specify signature analysis for
troubleshooting of their scopes with digital processing and control?

Steve Horii

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 12:44 Dick <w1ksz@outlook.com> wrote:

In my 5 year purge of deep storage I came across a Model 308
Data Analyzer. It seems to have all the cables and manual and
does turn on.

Is this of any use in todays world or should I just recycle it ?

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ

Mlynch001

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 12:51 PM, stevenhorii wrote:

I know that HP (sorry!) uses signature analysis for troubleshooting some of
their computing counters. Does Tek specify signature analysis for
troubleshooting of their scopes with digital processing and control?
Steve,

Yes, the 308 is used extensively for signature analysis on the 468. It is part of the “recommended” test equipment in the Service Manual. I just used mine to repair a broken 468. Still a useful tool.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

Paul Amaranth

And the algorithm is the same regardless if it's HP or Tek, so
either can be used on either.

Paul

On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 12:21:29PM -0700, Mlynch001 wrote:
On Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 12:51 PM, stevenhorii wrote:

I know that HP (sorry!) uses signature analysis for troubleshooting some of
their computing counters. Does Tek specify signature analysis for
troubleshooting of their scopes with digital processing and control?
Steve,

Yes, the 308 is used extensively for signature analysis on the 468. It is part of the “recommended” test equipment in the Service Manual. I just used mine to repair a broken 468. Still a useful tool.

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR

!DSPAM:604e6246224641159887144!

Oz-in-DFW

If someone wants one, I have a 308 and a 318 that need new homes. One has probes, but I can remember which at the moment. I'd part with the pair for $100 plus whatever actual shipping cost is.

--
Oz (in DFW) N1OZ

stevenhorii

Oz-in-DFW,

I am interested. If you have not already sold them, contact me off-list:
sonodocsch@gmail.com

Thanks

Steve Horii