Topics

Looking for U100 (ADG361 or MM9576-VIG) chip of TDS3032

benj3867

I am looking for a replacement U100 IC for my TDS3032. It is a 100 pin TQFP.
I guess the internal TEK part number is ADG361, whereas the manufacturer's (National) is MM9576-VIG.

More information about this chip would be welcome, and information on how to get one would be even more so.

Thanks in advance,

benj3867

A photo of the said chip can be found here: https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/81313/0?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Mark Goldberg

Some discussion of this device here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/blog/eevblog-564-tektronix-tds3054-oscilloscope-teardown-repair/50/

There is a supplier listed on eBay. No idea if it is a real part or not,
haven't had much luck there. Fakes are very common and customer pays for
return and it will likely cost you more to return it than you pay.

Regards,

Mark

On Jan 7, 2019 12:59 PM, "benj3867 via Groups.Io" <benj3867=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

A photo of the said chip can be found here:
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/81313/0?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Customer does *not* pay for return if the item is "not as described", and a fake is most definitely "not as described".

On 2019-01-07 4:42 PM, David C. Partridge wrote:
Customer does *not* pay for return if the item is "not as described", and a fake is most definitely "not as described".
In practice, though, if the return address is in China, customer may
well end up paying for return. Why would they bother reimbursing?

Ebay hasn't shown any real interest in attacking counterfeitery.

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

A photo of the said chip can be found here:
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/81313/0?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Chuck Harris

Sorry, no. If it is not as described, ebay takes the funds
from the seller, refunds, and generally you keep the item. If
the seller wants it back, they have to pay to get it back.

-Chuck Harris

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

A photo of the said chip can be found here:
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/81313/0?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

Vince Vielhaber

I just had a return with some cables I got that were wrong. Ebay sent me a shipping label to send the cables back. Once received, I got the refund within a couple of hours.

Vince.

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

A photo of the said chip can be found here:
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/81313/0?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

David Kuhn

" Fakes are very common and customer pays for
return and it will likely cost you more to return it than you pay. "

I had gotten a fake BATTERY RAM (SDRAM??) out of China, about $40. When I
contacted the seller to complain that the chip did not work. After three
days without a response, EBAY, automatically refunded my money, via
PayPal. I tossed the fake chip and didn't have to return it.

Dave

yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

A photo of the said chip can be found here:
https://groups.io/g/TekScopes/photo/81313/0?p=Name,,,20,1,0,0

David Kuhn

" Once received, I got the
refund within a couple of hours."

I had the same experience with a label printer I bought from a fellow in
California. He was quite nasty in his responses. I explained to the
seller, and ebay, that I have a lot of experience with those brother label
printers and was quite specific with what did not work. The seller agrees
that it did not work and only offered me 50% refund. I did not accept
that. EBAY send me a return shipping label. I very carefully repackaged
the printer, taking lots of pictures of my packing and double boxing (that
seller would have claimed I poorly packed it). When ebay saw that the
package was delivered, they refunded my $200 (or whatever the price was)
that same day to PayPal.

I've had very positive experience with their buyer protection. I do get a
little impatient having to wait three days after the sellers last offer.
In the case of the fake SDRAM from China, the seller did not respond at all
and ebay refunded me in three days.

Dave

--
K8ZW http://www.metalworkingfun.com http://www.hamradio.fun