AVR Scope Clock

John Clark

I've seen these XY oscilloscope clocks out there before and wanted to pick one up. Unfortunately, the Dutchtronix website shows "out of stock." Does anyone know if these kits are still being made, and if so, where I can pick one up? I sent an email to the address on the website but got no response so I thought I'd see if anyone here knows anything about them or where I could get one.

Thanks,
John

Craig Sawyers <c.sawyers@...>

I've seen these XY oscilloscope clocks out there before and wanted to pick one up. Unfortunately,
the
Dutchtronix website shows "out of stock." Does anyone know if these kits are still being made, and
if
so, where I can pick one up? I sent an email to the address on the website but got no response so I
thought I'd see if anyone here knows anything about them or where I could get one.

Thanks,
John
This sort of thing? https://www.die-wuestens.de/eindex.htm

Craig

Myname

John Clark

Sort of. More like this, though:

http://www.dutchtronix.com/ScopeClockH3-1-Enhanced.htm

Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 12:44 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] AVR Scope Clock

I've seen these XY oscilloscope clocks out there before and wanted to pick one up. Unfortunately,
the
Dutchtronix website shows "out of stock." Does anyone know if these kits are still being made, and
if
so, where I can pick one up? I sent an email to the address on the website but got no response so I
thought I'd see if anyone here knows anything about them or where I could get one.

Thanks,
John
This sort of thing? https://www.die-wuestens.de/eindex.htm

Craig

John Clark

Yes, but I don't think I'm going to be able to buy from eBay.de from Charlotte, NC. I don't understand enough German to be able to decypher the listing anyway.
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 1:14 PM

Or that sort? https://www.ebay.de/itm/Osziuhr-macht-aus-Ihrem-CRT-Oszilloskop-eine-genaue-Uhr/153281360167?hash=item23b047f127:g:YzAAAOSwN81WECQ~:rk:1:pf:0

HTH

pudu51

Jack

HI Google's Internet translator makes translation easy.

--
Jack

Hi John,
You might try this site
https://www.franktechniek.nl/Kits/oscilloscopeclock/oscilloscopeclock.htm
Dennis Tillman W7PF

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of John
Clark
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:28 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] AVR Scope Clock

I've seen these XY oscilloscope clocks out there before and wanted to
pick one up. Unfortunately, the Dutchtronix website shows "out of
stock." Does anyone know if these kits are still being made, and if so,
where I can pick one up? I sent an email to the address on the website
but got no response so I thought I'd see if anyone here knows anything
about them or where I could get one.

Thanks,
John

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

John Clark

Thanks Dennis. I found that site earlier too but it's no longer available.

john
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 3:56 PM

Hi John,
You might try this site
https://www.franktechniek.nl/Kits/oscilloscopeclock/oscilloscopeclock.htm
Dennis Tillman W7PF

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of John
Clark
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:28 AM
Subject: [TekScopes] AVR Scope Clock

I've seen these XY oscilloscope clocks out there before and wanted to
pick one up. Unfortunately, the Dutchtronix website shows "out of
stock." Does anyone know if these kits are still being made, and if so,
where I can pick one up? I sent an email to the address on the website
but got no response so I thought I'd see if anyone here knows anything
about them or where I could get one.

Thanks,
John

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

John Clark

Yes, but that still doesn't mean I can order from there, nor does it mean it ships to the US.

Mostly I was curious if anyone here was familiar with the dutchtronix guy and knew about those kits or where to get one. I'd even be interested in a used one.

John
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:45 PM

HI Google's Internet translator makes translation easy.

--
Jack

John,
Have you tried mailing jdr@dutchtronix.com (apparently, yes) or andyr@southhollandtrading.com?
The southhollandtrading.com website shows a phone number: (503) 410-9850.

I have one of their clockd, I like it and no, it"s not for sale...

Raymond

John Clark

Thank you Raymond...
I did try emailing the dutchtronix email address but didn't see the southhollandtrading.com site. Looks like the same guy. I sent an email to that address, as well, and will try giving that number a call, as well.

Thanks for the help!

John
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:07 PM

John,
Have you tried mailing jdr@dutchtronix.com (apparently, yes) or andyr@southhollandtrading.com?
The southhollandtrading.com website shows a phone number: (503) 410-9850.

I have one of their clockd, I like it and no, it"s not for sale...

Raymond

Hope you'll get your clock, John. I doubt whether it'll be this one though, but others seem available.
Good luck!

Raymond

Dave Brown

You don't want no stinking clock! You want to play tennis on your oscilloscope!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-Logo-and-Wizard-Demo-Generator-for-Oscilloscope-with-Table-Tennis/113273075073

Dave

John Clark

I hadn't seen those! I still like the clock, though. That benefits the VintageTEK Museum so I might pick one up anyway. Thanks!

John
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 9:32 PM

You don't want no stinking clock! You want to play tennis on your oscilloscope!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tektronix-Logo-and-Wizard-Demo-Generator-for-Oscilloscope-with-Table-Tennis/113273075073

Dave

Jan de Rie who makes the clock kits is Dutch but lives in Seattle. I bought one of his kits a few months ago.

johnasolecki@...

I just received one of his clocks several weeks ago, I had to keep checking back as he seems to run out quickly. It appears to have more functions than any other one I looked at.

John

John Clark

Thanks to everyone for all the assistance on the scope clock. I received an email back this evening that parts had come in and he needed my PayPal ID so he could send me a PayPal invoice. I know it's a bit of a novelty but for someone who owns a real nice 475, but who doesn't use it very often, it will give me a reason to turn it on in my den/office when company is around.

John
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 9:23 AM

I just received one of his clocks several weeks ago, I had to keep checking back as he seems to run out quickly. It appears to have more functions than any other one I looked at.

John

John Clark

As a last follow up, I received my AVR Scope Clock from Dutchtronix and have it built. It is a very nice little gadget...a bit of a novelty but it was fun to build and now even my kids think that my 475, what they call the old boat anchor, is actually something useful. They weren't home when I used the scope to fix the UPS power supply for my modem, router, switch, etc. Now if they could only figure out how to watch Netflix and YouTube on it they might appreciate the old girl! No matter though...their old man likes it!

John

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 07:49 PM, John Clark wrote:

Thanks to everyone for all the assistance on the scope clock. I received an
email back this evening that parts had come in and he needed my PayPal ID so
he could send me a PayPal invoice. I know it's a bit of a novelty but for
someone who owns a real nice 475, but who doesn't use it very often, it will
give me a reason to turn it on in my den/office when company is around.

John

I just received one of his clocks several weeks ago, I had to keep checking
back as he seems to run out quickly. It appears to have more functions than
any other one I looked at.

John

Jack Reynolds

Glad to hear that your kids got at least some pleasure out of it.  When I was in the high school electronics lab all we had for scopes were vac tube Eicos and Heathkits which the students had built at one time or another.  The teacher managed to get a salesman to loan us a pair of Fairchild solid state scopes for an indefinite period and those of us who could get near them were fascinated by calibrated scopes.  We spent weeks building the circuits required to convert the signals in an old tv from what was required to drive a picture tube magnetically to a scope CRT electrostatically.  We wanted to impress the hell out of the parents who would be coming to the annual open house evening! What a bust!  The comments from the parents ranged from "Whats the big deal its just a little TV" to "Heck its too small to watch"

Jack

On 12/10/2018 12:31 AM, John Clark wrote:
As a last follow up, I received my AVR Scope Clock from Dutchtronix and have it built. It is a very nice little gadget...a bit of a novelty but it was fun to build and now even my kids think that my 475, what they call the old boat anchor, is actually something useful. They weren't home when I used the scope to fix the UPS power supply for my modem, router, switch, etc. Now if they could only figure out how to watch Netflix and YouTube on it they might appreciate the old girl! No matter though...their old man likes it!

John

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 07:49 PM, John Clark wrote:

Thanks to everyone for all the assistance on the scope clock. I received an
email back this evening that parts had come in and he needed my PayPal ID so
he could send me a PayPal invoice. I know it's a bit of a novelty but for
someone who owns a real nice 475, but who doesn't use it very often, it will
give me a reason to turn it on in my den/office when company is around.

John

I just received one of his clocks several weeks ago, I had to keep checking
back as he seems to run out quickly. It appears to have more functions than
any other one I looked at.

John

John Clark

If anyone else is interested it looks like he has these AVR clock kits back in stock and available to order online. Every time I've looked they've been out of stock.

http://www.dutchtronix.com/ScopeClockH3-1-Enhanced.htm