Renée

yes the HF thing may be too narrow 16X30 in. unless you do as I did and add plywood top and angle it for easier viewing, my surface is 20X34 in. after top added. the item no. 60390/507 was $38.00 now $29.99 coupon is good till end of the year.
Renée

On 2018-10-29 1:00 p.m., Chris Wilkson via Groups.Io wrote:
@Hakan: That's exactly the info I needed. That's not going to cut it.

@Mark: I used to have a half rack....gave it away years ago. Then got this beast. So yes, that's an option I considered. I need to figure out how many -U's I need (vertical size).
It's hard to find racks around here though. Everything is melamine and plastic casters, or 2 post with tiny casters. Or no wheels at all.
Still looking though...

@Renee: I also considered a utility cart option. I haven't found anything the right size yet. They're all too narrow (14-16") or too wide (36"). I'm hoping to avoid building anything, but I might have to. Do you know the item # of the Harbor Freight cart?

.

Dave Seiter

I found the cheapest HF cart (two shelves) to be flimsy, but the second cheapest (three shelves) can handle a lot of weight.  I have my 4x6 bandsaw on the inverted top shelf, and the other two shelves have about 200lbs of tooling on them.
-Dave

On 2018-10-29 9:45 a.m., Mark Goldberg wrote:
How about a rolling 19" rack? There are lots of them, new and used,
available in many different sizes and configurations. I've even seen rack
mounted shelves to provide a work surface. I don't have specific ones to
suggest.

Regards,

Mark

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 9:02 AM Chris Wilkson via Groups.Io <cwilkson=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I have an HP VNA stack (8505A, 8503A, 8501A) that I want to put on a
cart.  The gear is about 130 lbs without cables, manuals, etc.  It's also
rack width.  It's hard to find carts for this big heavy stuff.

I'm looking at a Tek K217/s on ebay, but I can't find any specs for it.
Does anyone here have a manual?  Or just know what the weight capacity is?
  (top shelf and total weight)  And if it will fit rack sized analyzers?

Any advice on the K217/s or any other cart that would work is much
appreciated!

Jim Ford

Speaking of Harbor Freight, I bought some 275 pound (IIRC) rated casters there a few months ago for my workbench.  Maybe there's a way to replace the casters on a rack to beef up the weight handling?  Just a thought.Jim FSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: "Chris Wilkson via Groups.Io" <cwilkson=yahoo.com@groups.io> Date: 10/29/18 1:00 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Advice needed on equipment cart @Hakan:  That's exactly the info I needed.  That's not going to cut it.@Mark:  I used to have a half rack....gave it away years ago.  Then got this beast.  So yes, that's an option I considered.  I need to figure out how many -U's I need (vertical size).It's hard to find racks around here though. Everything is melamine and plastic casters, or 2 post with tiny casters.  Or no wheels at all.Still looking though...@Renee:  I also considered a utility cart option.  I haven't found anything the right size yet.  They're all too narrow (14-16") or too wide (36").   I'm hoping to avoid building anything, but I might have to.  Do you know the item # of the Harbor Freight cart?

Paul Amaranth

I found a hospital crash cart at my local university surplus that I'm going to use
for my LA (16700). It's got 4 inch casters, drawers and could handle 300lbs easy.

Got it for $35.

Paul

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 09:02:33AM -0700, Chris Wilkson via Groups.Io wrote:
I have an HP VNA stack (8505A, 8503A, 8501A) that I want to put on a cart. The gear is about 130 lbs without cables, manuals, etc. It's also rack width. It's hard to find carts for this big heavy stuff.

I'm looking at a Tek K217/s on ebay, but I can't find any specs for it. Does anyone here have a manual? Or just know what the weight capacity is? (top shelf and total weight) And if it will fit rack sized analyzers?

Any advice on the K217/s or any other cart that would work is much appreciated!

!DSPAM:5bd74515320678265213693!
paul@... | Unix & Windows

Chris Wilkson

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 05:02 PM, Chris Wilkson wrote:

I'm looking at a Tek K217/s on ebay, but I can't find any specs for it. Does
anyone here have a manual? Or just know what the weight capacity is?
According to the 1990 catalog it is:
Top tray 100lbs
Base 100lbs
Total 200 lbs