Topics

2465B PSU precautions

Chuck Harris

Hi Jon,

I always stick a repaired/recapped power supply on a dummy
load and check its voltages on the bench before I put it
into a scope. Saves a lot of frustration, and damage.

If you know the supply is good, then just plug in all the
boards and go for it.

Removing options almost always requires restoring jumpers
before the scope will work.

-Chuck Harris

Jean-Paul wrote:

Hello Dennis and Chuck: How goes it?

Finally reassembling a B062 SN OPT 06, 09 GPIB, CTT, WR.

The PSU was removed for test and repair, A5 is still out for rework, so I swapped A5 for another one from a 2467.

Have disconnected GPIB and OPT CTT WR boards.

Should I also disconnected A5 and check PSU on main bd J119 or just go for it?

Any other precautions?

Many thanks!~

Jon

Jean-Paul

Chuck many thanks the PSU is fine, but where are the options jumpers on A5?

Jon

Chuck Harris

There are no options jumpers on the A5 board that I am aware
of, one ribbon cable, though. Tek usually announced the presence
of an option to the A5 controller board by jumpering pins on the
ribbon connector on the option board.

Other cases are jumpers where the accessory cables go, to connect the
goes-inta, to the goes-outta. They would be on the A1 board.

You have to look in the options manual for the option in question, and
look at the installation instructions. Naturally, there are no de-installation
instructions.

-Chuck Harris