Topics

2465B display shift off screen

mill_glen_chevy

Hi

I have a 2465B on my bench that shifted the entire display to the far left when I turned my back on it. I can just see the ends of the traces at the left edge of the screen when I adjust the position far right.

Any ideas where to start looking?
--
Brian St Pierre

Jean-Paul

Bonjour, you have the schematics and service manual, beware of serial numbers ranges.
Same results at all modes, xy, sweep?
Beam finder same results?

Check all power supply voltages, then horizontal amplifier.
probe the voltage on the horizontal deflection plates at the CRT neck.

Bon courage

Jon

John Gord

It may be the dreaded U800 horizontal chip failure.
--John Gord

On Mon, Nov 9, 2020 at 11:21 PM, mill_glen_chevy wrote:

Hi

I have a 2465B on my bench that shifted the entire display to the far left
when I turned my back on it. I can just see the ends of the traces at the left
edge of the screen when I adjust the position far right.

Any ideas where to start looking?
--
Brian St Pierre

n4buq

Is it possible that the deflection plate connections have become disconnected or broken? I'm not sure where the horizontal plates connect on that particular scope, but if those are connected via the neck pins, it would be simple enough to check.

Again, I don't know how those plates are connected so I might be way off with this.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ