From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of amnesia
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2022 12:39 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 2465A battery backup

Ahhhh, that makes more sense! I too hate the butane iron. I ruined many a board until I bit the bullit and bought the Hakko. Always looking for a good reason to use it.

Interestingly, I bought it to replace a battery backed up RAM chip in my prized pinball machine with what the pinball world calls NVRAM - truly "non-volatile", no battery required. Would be great for old Tek scopes, but unfortunately there's no way to get the data over to the new chip, so you would still need to recalibrate it - but only once, and never again.

https://www.pinitech.com/products/cat_nvram.php