Topics

2465 - No trigger no trace...

Chris Don

Hi,
A weird issue on one of my 2465: No trigger no trace...
As soon as trigger locks (including on a channel not selected for display), the traces are displayed properly and everything works OK.
But if trigger doesn't lock, absolutely NO trace is displayed.
Does this issue ring a bell to anyone?
Thanks
Chris

Chuck Harris

There are really only a couple of choices:

1) bad trigger hybrid
2) bad MUX/OPAMP/Sample Capacitor.

Trigger hybrids are one of the new show stoppers
for the 2465 family.

-Chuck Harris

Chris Don wrote:

Hi,
A weird issue on one of my 2465: No trigger no trace...
As soon as trigger locks (including on a channel not selected for display), the traces are displayed properly and everything works OK.
But if trigger doesn't lock, absolutely NO trace is displayed.
Does this issue ring a bell to anyone?
Thanks
Chris

ppppenguin

I know this is a silly question, but what trigger mode have you selected? If it's "Normal" then you don't get a trace in the absence of triggering.

Chuck Harris

Actually not silly at all. I think we as a group tend
to assume that most folks here know how to use a scope...
but that isn't always the case.

NORMAL trigger mode, would seem to be, normal, but in
truth, most scope use gets done in AUTO LVL, or AUTO mode.

-Chuck Harris

ppppenguin wrote:

I know this is a silly question, but what trigger mode have you selected? If it's "Normal" then you don't get a trace in the absence of triggering.

Chris Don

Thanks to all! Penguin, you were right to ask this question! - I always use AUTO trigger and I must have accidentally flipped a switch without thinking of it as a possible cause (oops)...
The problem is, on this machine, most of the time the status LEDs don't light during operation (they do light during power-up sequence but remain off afterward).
I sort of got used to it, but it obviously plays tricks on me and it is time I look into this issue.
Have you ever encountered this issue? A faulty register?

Thanks
Chris

Tony Fleming

I have the 2465 DMS and it was broken when I received it.
I had to clean + lubricate the BEAM FIND switch! It took some time to
clean, but now it works great!
This switch does much more than you would think, by its function!
Also, check the real voltage from your power supply!
Good luck!
Tony