Topics

211 Replacement Batteries

Bob Wilson

Yesterday I bought a model 211 scope at the Dalton hamfest. While it works
I need to replace the batteries.

He seller already has the batteries out and I assume they are bad. It works
without the batteries installed but maybe it not good to run it that way.

My question is what kind of batteries can I use?

It came with Nicad but NiMH are common these days. If I had my choice I
would like Eneloop batteries or something like that so they would hold there
charge for a long time.

Bob

Hi Bob,
Years ago I posted this information about the batteries I found for the
model 214 which I own. With a little research comparing the battery size of
your 211 to my 214 I think you will find the 211 uses the same rechargeable
battery pack. If that is the case then you are in luck because this link
will connect you with a company that makes an identical replacement for the
Tek batteries. The cost was dirt cheap, and they were absolutely perfect
plugin replacements. The quality was excellent.
The new batteries ran my 214 50% longer than the specification in the
Service Manual showed the original batteries were capable of.

Dennis Tillman W7pF

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator

greenboxmaven

Please share the link you mentioned so I can check out their batteries. ALSO, beware that the power supply sections of some of the "2XX" models that use these batteries will not regulate unless a good battery is installed, and will send excessive voltages to the rest of the circuitry. Thanks, Bruce KA2IVY

Hi Bob,